When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another kick in the goolies for fleabay?

offshore

S'pose most have seen these reports.

http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-fi-eb...1,5118636.story

I have noticed, of late, that ebay has been far more proactive in removing fake listings, when reported.

Is this due to a heightened concience? Or maybe a fear of a thinner wallet?

Methinks the almighty dollar wins again.

However the ramifications of this, if it goes through, may not only change the way ebay behaves, but may also have more far reaching effects on the replica market in general.

!'m no fan of ebay or the way it behaves, however penalties of this magnitude, if enforced, will always bring a tear to the eye, and a lump to the throat, of anyone who has a level of financial exposure to the loser.

Also the "winners" in these actions, do tend to become more empowered in pushing their own agendas.

Some interesting times ahead gentlemen!

Offshore

Interesting stuff

The fine could also indicate why there are so few watches for sale on the Bay now.

Private sellers may find it next to impossible to list a watch (gen or not) with the exception being the Power Sellers...

My personal opinion, I'm glad they got fined - they had been too greedy for far too long

I've had a total of 4 items ended in the past year for "copyright infringement" Total BS. 3 were genuine rolex parts and 1 was a generic/unknown vintage watch case. The generic case ticked me off the most since it didn't even do any keyword spamming. I wrote ebay and told them "Hey this is genuine/ not counterfeit stuff here" and they told me they're not in the position to determine an item's authenticity.....ok......

I think some of the "dirty" sellers are using the knowledge that ebay will take down a listing to thin their competition out.