When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cities law and customs

Chronus

This is taken from the thread about Eurotimez's MBK hornback straps.

I think the law we are talking about is also agreed with most countries world wide and is to stop the trade of exotic skins woods ect, gen strap will be made from hide that has been approved, proberbly from the same farm and animal but they have a licence! I am 100% sure that is you shipped this through german customs they would want a little chat with you! :lock:

Have a read here

But the chances once they are in the EU are good

My question is, if you have one of these straps on your watch (or clothing or whatever), are there problems if you fly from the EU to US or vice versa? Will you get stopped and your strap confiscated unless you have a license?

This is taken from the thread about Eurotimez's MBK hornback straps.

My question is, if you have one of these straps on your watch (or clothing or whatever), are there problems if you fly from the EU to US or vice versa? Will you get stopped and your strap confiscated unless you have a license?

If you are to get questioned by customs they might also go to your strap and ask where you got that..

Trading in wildlife is very big biz and police,customs are getting more involved in stopping it..

If shoud be your moral stand and etical stand that plays a role here not if you get busted or not ;)

Cheers

the law only applies to resale items... the hide comes from Louisiana .. to Asia .. it cannot be "resold" back to the USA without the proper CITIES certificate from the Govt. in which the sale is coming from ... this does not apply to what you are wearing for personal use..

the wholesale or retail market is what it applies to.. Elephant hide .. forget it,... this is serious .. as well it should be..

Thanks... I probably won't be able to afford to go on holiday for a few years now, so this was just a question and may be useful for someone else in the future :)

Thanks... I probably won't be able to afford to go on holiday for a few years now, so this was just a question and may be useful for someone else in the future :)

Yes C.. only resale items coming "back" to the USA need have a CITIES CERTIFICATE.. TC Straps has all the certificates a lot of the Asian vendors do not.. a BOB faux alligator strap was confinscated during it's shippment here.. a letter sent to me that it would go top the forensic lab and if it turns out not to be reptile .... well it was not and they sent me a form to sign .. they sent back my strap.. I did not sign nor return the form.. don't need my sig. on file..

so your safe if you are travelling either way and have it on as part of your clothing or on a watch that is your personal one in your luggage..

it is when MBK ships a genuine that it is of concern..if they have genuine hides..

Cheers

Lani