When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard Mile Miglia GMT Chrono - Asian 21J

RRFAN

Just browsing a few sites and I came across this...

Mile Miglia GMT Chrono SS White Asia 21J

4.jpg

http://www.pc-80108.com/cp10138-mile-migli...ing-p-4701.html

This is one of my favorite watches and the 7750 version was one i dreamt of having. Since this one is 1/3rd of the price almost, I am very tempted to say the least.

Josh says its similar to the 7750 case and bracelet and I couldn't care less about the chronos at this price. What do you think the quality is like?

I do have another cheap rep though which is a quartz tag heuer link which is pretty poor to be honest and I wouldn't want to make the same mistake again!!!!!!!!!

I have also heard some Chopards have very loud rotors though

Has anyone had any experiences with chopard 21j's or this watch in particular?

thanks in advance.

Edited by RRFAN

Just browsing a few sites and I came across this...

Mile Miglia GMT Chrono SS White Asia 21J

This is one of my favorite watches and the 7750 version was one i dreamt of having. Since this one is 1/3rd of the price almost, I am very tempted to say the least.

Josh says its similar to the 7750 case and bracelet and I couldn't care less about the chronos at this price. What do you think the quality is like?

I do have another cheap rep though which is a quartz tag heuer link which is pretty poor to be honest and I wouldn't want to make the same mistake again!!!!!!!!!

I have also heard some Chopards have very loud rotors though

Has anyone had any experiences with chopard 21j's or this watch in particular?

thanks in advance.

Looks nice, and YES...I have the MM XL with Asian 21J and the rotor sounds like a lawn mower! But a little grease willfix it! But, why not get the 7750 version,,,,more reliable!

It looks pretty good, but, it is a faux chronograph, does not have a true chronograph movement, that would bother me.

Hi, yes it only a faux chronograph. The 6 sub dial sweeps along with the main second hand. By the looks of it the 12 and 9 subdials don't move. They are labelled month and year (!) instead of minutes and hours like the gen /7750 version. The GMT function works fine though.

Don't mind this at all though really when its a whopping $250 cheaper and supposedly has a similar case and strap as the 7750!

Plus my 7750 make me nervous too that the chrono will break and the whole watch will be useless (as has happened before) so this is ideal really!

Gonna take the leap i think.

Hi, yes it only a faux chronograph. The 6 sub dial sweeps along with the main second hand. By the looks of it the 12 and 9 subdials don't move. They are labelled month and year (!) instead of minutes and hours like the gen /7750 version. The GMT function works fine though.

Don't mind this at all though really when its a whopping $250 cheaper and supposedly has a similar case and strap as the 7750!

Plus my 7750 make me nervous too that the chrono will break and the whole watch will be useless (as has happened before) so this is ideal really!

Gonna take the leap i think.

Curious. $250 dollar differential, yet there is no way that this can be accounted for by the movement.

The case uses the same grade of ss so I don't know why the price difference is so huge.

Is it possible that collectors simply ramp up the price of 7750s?

Surely not.

I'd quite like to know the reason, though.

When the 7750 came out it was very much a watch of the moment and there was high demand for it. That probably caused the premium for it.

Just ordered it now from Andrew (he was cheaper) so I will let you know what its like in the next week or so.

Think I might be the first person on the boards to order one by the looks of it, as the watch was only added to their catalogs in the last week or two and I can't find anyone talking about the 21j version. Unlike me to do this as I normally wait it out for reviews but at $108 I don't think you can go wrong.

When the 7750 came out it was very much a watch of the moment and there was high demand for it. That probably caused the premium for it.

Just ordered it now from Andrew (he was cheaper) so I will let you know what its like in the next week or so.

Think I might be the first person on the boards to order one by the looks of it, as the watch was only added to their catalogs in the last week or two and I can't find anyone talking about the 21j version. Unlike me to do this as I normally wait it out for reviews but at $108 I don't think you can go wrong.

Let us know what it's like when you get it.

I'm quite interested myself. I'm not worried about the faux chrono. Although I love the look of chronos I don't think I've ever seriously used any of the 5 that I've got.

Like you, I'm quite attracted to these basic 21j versions. Unlike the 7750's, it's not a disaster if they crap out and you can get cheap replacement movements anyway, should you wish to. It sounds like a potential top buy.

Although I love the look of chronos I don't think I've ever seriously used any of the 5 that I've got.

Unlike the 7750's, it's not a disaster if they crap out and you can get cheap replacement movements anyway, should you wish to.

Wise words and exactly my philiosophy as well.

Will report back with some photos when I get it!

My a7750 came with all sorts of weird problems, and it took The Zigmeister a while to figure out. But once he did it, it has been rock solid and works great. I would not get it unless you are prepared to spend real money getting it right (fixed if need be). If you are, this can turn out to be a fantastic watch-- mine is one of my top favorites. I, personally, would not buy this version at all because it is just too far off from gen. The strange month and year chrono dials are just too hinky for me. But, if you just want cross-eyed at 20 paces similarity, this watch will do that and I bet it feels solid, etc.

• 1 month later...

I`m thinking of buying this version from Chris in white dial, white subdials and rubber strap and with the A7750 movement. Does anyone has experience with this watch? How about the case? Does it respect the measures of the gen? IS the movement causing many problems??

I really like this watch and really wanna get it, please gimme a hand on this.