When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT IIC - Bezel "clear" click sound or smooth click sound?

magagne

Ok, I'm tired to read different thing about this, and decide to start a thread and want to make the point; the bezel of the GMTIIC (CERAMIC ONE), suppose to click like a "clear" click or do a smooth click sound?

Who test a GEN one to confrm that?

Guest carlsbadrolex

More of a gentle bump than a click. It is exactly as the genuine. We have held both at the same time, so this isnt just information from a website...

Guest carlsbadrolex

I think we are all using different terms to describe the same damn "sound"... Spin the bezel on a sub or SeaDweller and you hear and feel 120 clicks.

Spin the bezel on the GMT IIc and there is no click, but it sure as hell better not be smooth either. Because if it is, please tell me how it is going to stay in place?

There are now three types of bezel.

Uni-directional with clicks (either 60 or 120)

Bi-directional with SMOOTH and no clicks at all (free spinning)

And Bi-Directional with 24 stops (no clicks, but does stop at 24 spots around the watch face)

I was at the AD yesterday, with my GMTIIC in my pocket, and tried the gen on. I noticed that the bezel sound was much quieter on the gen. Thinking about throwing some oil in there some time. Maybe some people have loud bezels and some have quiet ones on their reps. But for sure the gen is very quiet and smooth. It is still obvious where it stops.

Also, the numbers on the gen bezel appeared less recessed than those on my rep. Other than this, and the inside clasp engravings, it felt just like my rep.