When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with GMTIIc IHS GMT Hand

itseme

i really love my new gmtII its such a nice watch, but today another problem occured.

The GMT Hand doesnt move. I can set the GMT Hand and when i set the time, the gmt hand moves correct, but when the watch runs normally the gmt hand doesnt move. really strange. Someone knows why or how to fix??

greets

The GMT Hand doesnt move. I can set the GMT Hand and when i set the time, the gmt hand moves correct, but when the watch runs normally the gmt hand doesnt move. really strange. Someone knows why or how to fix??

Do you mean the GMT hand remains at the same spot on the dial for 24 hours or that it is always in the same position relative to the hour hand?

Also, which movement do you have - chs, ihs Swiss or ihs Asian, and did you add your report to the Poll?

My chs is still running trouble-free

dinnerwithjan0111.jpg

A member over at RepGeek(mucrewbtp) posted this info, and that solved my Problem :

I am not sure if the movement is the same one I have in my older GMT II. But on mine the gmt hand is set with the stem in the date setting position. I found that to get the gmt hand to track correctly I had to first set the gmt hand, and then turn the stem the other way just until I saw the date start to move, but not change over. Since the modification is driven off of the date change function it seems that this has to be done to engage the mechanism.