When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting Info On The New 187

thomasng

http://shopping.e-conveni.net/item_info.ht..._id=842985&

Watchhonpo is selling the exact same one that EL posted for sale a few days ago. So it does seem like it has the new Asia 7750 movement! :D

But, it seems he's selling it for less than half of his older version too...... Is this an ominous sign? From what I can see already, the He valve is different and the back engravings don't seem as deep and sharp as the first version, while the upside is the new movement and no more plastic spacer ring like the old one.

Questionable on the AR as well. But the movement spacer and movement itself are a huge improvement. In general I would say that those who waited (read - not me) are better off. Then again, I have been wearing mine for a couple of months. Oh well, one of these days I will learn. :)

I don't see anything about A/R so presume there isn't any

Claims better lume that prev generation, that's always good.

Promises 100m water resistance -- d'oh!

Says "considering the price, the change in movement and case details we think represents an understandable tradeoff."

What does that mean? I thought the last gen was Asian 7750, this is somehow worse?? I assume by case details he means the dummy date changer and he valve? Anything else a problem

There is no AR that I can note. Also the lume is no better no worse than any other rep watch I have.But the sweep of the new Asian 7750 is as smooth as a baby's butt adn iot is keeping COSC time... +2sec in 24 hours. Hope this keeps up.

Eddy

Guest Sql_pl

My Honpo 187 is powered by older asian 7750... not the 28800 version.

I tried the chrono once, everything reseted correctly but I will not use the chrono from now on.

Cheers!

79522-30738.jpg

Im having a prolem with my 187 7750... Wound it keeps time for 1 hour then dies.. I shake the watch up then it strats again... I fully wound the watch this morning.. Maybe 80 turns.. Should be good...

Whats going on??

My Honpo 187 is powered by older asian 7750... not the 28800 version.

I tried the chrono once, everything reseted correctly but I will not use the chrono from now on.

Cheers!

79533-30735.jpg

Im having a prolem with my 187 7750... Wound it keeps time for 1 hour then dies.. I shake the watch up then it strats again... I fully wound the watch this morning.. Maybe 80 turns.. Should be good...

Whats going on??

Problematic movement... Is it the EL version?

I think you should send it back...