When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct way to set the time?

MimiSars

I remember I posted on here about the date getting jammed and someone told me that when setting the date and time, you are supposed to turn the crown only in one direction. It was in knowledge base so I can't check there. Does anyone know? I think counter clockwise is the way to set it correctly? I just got a new watch today so I want to be extra careful this time.

Edited by MimiSars

I remember I posted on here about the date getting jammed and someone told me that when setting the date and time, you are supposed to turn the crown only in one direction. It was in knowledge base so I can't check there. Does anyone know? I think counter clockwise is the way to set it correctly? I just got a new watch today so I want to be extra careful this time.

You must of read the instructions for the Chrono watches and the A7750 movements..

never set the day/date or date with the hands in the 9pm to 3 am position.. this will jam the DW you will have to have the timepiece went for repair..

as a rule and so I get into a standard routine or (habit).. i alway's take the hands to the 5:30 positions am or pm.. respective of the time you are trying to set the watch to

You must of read the instructions for the Chrono watches and the A7750 movements..

never set the day/date or date with the hands in the 9pm to 3 am position.. this will jam the DW you will have to have the timepiece went for repair..

as a rule and so I get into a standard routine or (habit).. i alway's take the hands to the 5:30 positions am or pm.. respective of the time you are trying to set the watch to

Never knew that, thanks. Do you know of a site that lists these important facts?

When setting a 7750, the slack needs to be taken up backwards, so set the hands a couple of minutes past the actual time and rewind back to the exact time. This will mean the minute hand is dead-on instead of being slightly out.

Thanks guys. So basically, I can wind the time backwards, I just need to move it a bit forward first before going back? Therefore, I dont need to worry about setting the date at a specific time or anything like that, right? Clockwise or counterclockwise? Sorry for the noob questions, I just dont want to mess this one up.

Thanks guys. So basically, I can wind the time backwards, I just need to move it a bit forward first before going back? Therefore, I dont need to worry about setting the date at a specific time or anything like that, right? Clockwise or counterclockwise? Sorry for the noob questions, I just dont want to mess this one up.

Do you have a chronograph? If not, do what ever you like.