When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 113

TeeJay

Arrived today with a white FM Crazy Hours for my wife (Hers has to go back as the movement doesn't jump smoothly enough for her taste...) I'm pretty happy with my 113 though :) "What a surprize..." I'm sure you're thinking... "TeeJay has such a low expectation for watches, he'll accept any POS as long as it has hands and tells the time..." Yes, that would be a fairly safe thought on most cases, but, in this case, I am actually pretty 50/50 about it :o

The Plus Points:

- I like the dial (never had a pure white dialled watch before, and I have to admit, I love how clean it is)

- I actually got shipped 'the next model up' from the one I ordered :thumbsupsmileyanim: As you all know, I'm not bothered about stuff like movement details, swan necks etc, so when I saw a version without a swan neck, I thought "I'll save myself ten bucks by buying that version :good:)

What did I see when I looked at the back? A swan neck, engraved bridges, rather than ones with stickers, (the main bridge looks like a freaking sword blade!!!) and 'sun-burst' engravings on the wheels :shock: Yup, Tony sent me the next model up with no extra charge. :thumbsupsmileyanim::good::thumbsupsmileyanim::good::thumbsupsmileyanim:

- The watch, out of the box, is water resistant (at least up to running under a tap and shower pressure) I had to bury my mother in law's cat, as he passed away this afternoon, and, having worked up quite a sweat digging the grave, it was only right that I have a shower to freshen up. Never one to miss an opportunity, I threw the watch on the 24mm dive strap, and took the plunge. Not a hint of condensation :good:

The Minus Points:

- The rehaut of the dial is too close to the markers (Touching the 'black ring' around the lume dots) However, I plan on transplanting the dial and movement into my 111h case, so I can wear it on an SS Bracelet. The bracelet I have, won't fit this case :( I'll be interested to see how the 111h case rehaut is on the dial.

- The second hand is white rather than black. It is pretty much invisible on the dial, so, that might actually get swapped for a black hand (if I can be bothered to do it) Not to get it more accurate to gen, but, just so I can actually see the hand easily :D

- The dial lettering is too large. The thickness of the letter 'lines' is okay, but the overall letter itself is too wide. As above though, since when have I ever actually cared about such a trivial detail? ;):lol:

- The factory strap is nice, but the buckle is garbage (offset engraving) again, not exactly a deal-breaking issue ;)

- There is a 'smudge' on the inside of the crystal, above the '45' minute marker. It's about 2mm in diameter, and could be clear oil or glue. However. Due to the color of the dial, it is only visible when viewed almost edge on, it does not obscure or distort the dial in any way, and is not visible when viewing the watch normally. This is the first watch I've received with such a mark on the crystal, and, while I'm sure it would send many screaming to the dealer, demanding a replacement yesterday, it is totally ignorable. Actually, 'ignorable' is the wrong word. To be ignoreable, something would have to be noticeable, and, it is not (under normal conditions) noticeable. Given I plan on transplanting the movement and dial anyway, it's certainly not worth getting stressed about it...

So, never let it be said that I am blind to such flaws, or that I don't care enough to actually mod a watch, I'm just fairly tollerant of what issues I can live with (all of the above, barring the case transplant) Overall, I'm happy with the watch. I don't predict it becoming a 'regular wearer', as I'm still pretty taken with my 104, but, it's nice to know I now have a PAM which looks a bit smarter than the others :happy:

Congrats, wear it well!

And thanks for the detailed report. Nice to know of a new good performance by Tony.

Is the swan neck the dagger type?

Would you mind to post a few shots? Of the movement back especially?

Congrats, wear it well!

And thanks for the detailed report. Nice to know of a new good performance by Tony.

Is the swan neck the dagger type?

Would you mind to post a few shots? Of the movement back especially?

Thanks, amigo :) I'll be sure to post some photos, as soon as I'm able. The swan neck isn't the dagger type, but needle-shaped. I'll be sure to include lots of movement shots when I do get the photos ;)

congrats TJ, I wan't to keen on white dials but I'm slowly changing my mind, Got my 113 from Deltick last week, I will post some pics as well in a while

Thanks :) I have to admit, I'm really liking the white dial. I can't see it being a 'regular wear' watch, but I do think it's very nice :)

Some Pictures please

I myself have recently ventured in to the white pam area, sounds like your transaction was much more successful than mines turning out to be.

Enjoy

ST4

As soon as I've got the spare time, I'll get some posted :) Sorry to hear your transaction's not going well, if you don't mind me asking, who's the dealer, and what issues are you facing? I hope they get resolved quickly and smoothly :)

Hi Guys,

Just to chime in on my PAM 113 experience. I recently assembled my PAM 113 through various parts sources.

Movt: Asian SN + dagger movement (Originally from my PAM 183 - It just stopped working one day, thot it was dead so I ordered another 183 from my fav dealer). But while playing around with it, it became alive but with another 183 on the way. I saved the movt for a future project (This case, a PAM 113)

Dials and hands: Decided on Davidsen. His lume is good. Value for money and I think he got his hands down right. Lume on his dial somewhat disappointing. Maybe the the surface area is just too small.

Cannon Pin: Davidsen. Though I might have gotten shortchanged there.....I later found a cheaper source on the internet.

Case: From an Asian Pam 111h sourced from my dealer. Movement and parts saved for messing around.

It was all going smoothly , hands installed and and was fixing the last movement retainer when the flat bit fell into the movement and refused to come out. Nudged with a screwdrive and the piece lodged itself nicely in the movement. All thanks to my butter fingers.

I had to disassemble the whole movt... remove the offending metal piece and reassemble the movtment. This was possible thanks to Shundi who posted a clip on the 6497 movement. Absolute lifesaver. Thanks Shundi

2 hours later, my PAM 113 was born. Not the most perfect rep I have but surely the one that I appreciate the most.

I'd post pics but my camera skills suck.....

Thanks for reading...

Cheers

Siesta

Thanks, amigo :) I'll be sure to post some photos, as soon as I'm able. The swan neck isn't the dagger type, but needle-shaped. I'll be sure to include lots of movement shots when I do get the photos ;)

Thanks, amico!

TJ! Great choice my friend! You're not planning to wear this on your wedding, are you???? LOL! :D

I love mine so much, I've bought five straps for it already! Mine came from Ztech and it was an excellent deal!

A friend of ours here might even come up with another 113 out of that deal. i guess he's still working on that

project! I'm waiting for him to post some pictures one day! ;)

Good luck and wear that beauty will!

Hike

Hi Guys,

Just to chime in on my PAM 113 experience. I recently assembled my PAM 113 through various parts sources.

Movt: Asian SN + dagger movement (Originally from my PAM 183 - It just stopped working one day, thot it was dead so I ordered another 183 from my fav dealer). But while playing around with it, it became alive but with another 183 on the way. I saved the movt for a future project (This case, a PAM 113)

Dials and hands: Decided on Davidsen. His lume is good. Value for money and I think he got his hands down right. Lume on his dial somewhat disappointing. Maybe the the surface area is just too small.

Cannon Pin: Davidsen. Though I might have gotten shortchanged there.....I later found a cheaper source on the internet.

Case: From an Asian Pam 111h sourced from my dealer. Movement and parts saved for messing around.

It was all going smoothly , hands installed and and was fixing the last movement retainer when the flat bit fell into the movement and refused to come out. Nudged with a screwdrive and the piece lodged itself nicely in the movement. All thanks to my butter fingers.

I had to disassemble the whole movt... remove the offending metal piece and reassemble the movtment. This was possible thanks to Shundi who posted a clip on the 6497 movement. Absolute lifesaver. Thanks Shundi

2 hours later, my PAM 113 was born. Not the most perfect rep I have but surely the one that I appreciate the most.

I'd post pics but my camera skills suck.....

Thanks for reading...

Cheers

Siesta

Sounds like an awesome project :):good:

Thanks, amico!

No problem :)

TJ! Great choice my friend! You're not planning to wear this on your wedding, are you???? LOL! :D

I love mine so much, I've bought five straps for it already! Mine came from Ztech and it was an excellent deal!

A friend of ours here might even come up with another 113 out of that deal. i guess he's still working on that

project! I'm waiting for him to post some pictures one day! ;)

Good luck and wear that beauty will!

Hike

Thanks, I have to admit, it's really grown on me in the past 24 hours :D I'm still not planning on having it as a 'daily beater', but, it might get a bit more wrist time than I originally anticipated :lol:

Indeed, I am seriously considering it as my wedding watch, especially if I can get back my old 111h and perform the dial/movement transplants so I can wear it on the SS bracelet ;) The PP really does look nice, but, having seen DemonSlayer's comparison photos, I think the dial is a little too small for my requirements. That said, I might still order a trio of white dialled PPs for my best men, that way, they'll be matching, we'll all have a 'theme' of white on SS, but I'll still be slightly different :)

Pics are on their way ;)

Hey TJ, I am very keen on whote faced PAMs.

It would be good if you could post some pics - thanks !

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, with all the requests, I can hardly refuse :D Here's some 'quick n dirty' pics of it. If anyone's wondering about the extreme angle shots, I was trying to capture the 'smudge' I mentioned, but, it hasn't been captured... Just shows how 'noticeable' it actually is :D Sorry for the blurry shot of the movement, I'll try and get some better ones taken at another point :)

IMGP0700.jpg

IMGP0701.jpg

IMGP0702.jpg

IMGP0703.jpg

IMGP0697.jpg

IMGP0705.jpg

[Edit to add]

The buckle shown is one I've had for a while, it came on the original strap of the Radiomir I bought for my friend's birthday earlier in the year, which wound up on a 26mm rubber strap, with deployant clasp. It goes really well with this strap and watch though :)

Nice watch bro :) It looks great on you, I think it will look even better on SS. This one is made for the SS :)

Thanks, bro, I really do like how it looks, as it makes such a difference to the black-dialled PAMs I have (or had :D ) You're absolutely right about it looking better on SS though. When I tried lining up the bracelet from my 104, it looked really sharp, the only problem, was the screw bars wouldn't even go past the first lug :lol: I'm sure I'll be able to do a dial/movement transplant into my old 111h case though, and then it'll be good to go on both SS and straps, the only slight downside, is that the 111h case is brushed, rather than polished. I like how both cases look, and personally, feel the brushed case goes better with the SS bracelet, as it makes the bezel, CG and semi-circles on the bracelet all stand out more as 'accents', but, I know the 113 should have the polished case :D Oh well, I think losing out on the polished case will be a worthwhile sacrifice to get it on an SS bracelet :lol:

Ah yes I know what you mean about the accents. Once you do the swap, see how you like it. If you like it how it is with the brushed case, then leave it. Polishing the case is not that difficult if you have a dremel. Just pick up some polishing paste and you should have it gleaming :lol: Alternatively, you could perhaps ask your watchsmith if they can do it, shouldn't be too difficult especially if they do restorations etc. :)

TeeJay, thanks for the pics -- and you are absolutely right, that white small seconds hand is a shame.

I found I happen to have a black hand in my parts box. PM me your mail address and I'll send you it.

As soon as I've got the spare time, I'll get some posted :) Sorry to hear your transaction's not going well, if you don't mind me asking, who's the dealer, and what issues are you facing? I hope they get resolved quickly and smoothly :)

Teejay yours is look pretty good

Part of my debarcle can be seen here

Basically did a silly deal on iOffer and got sent a totally different watch to what I wanted and have ended up with a 113 of sorts.

Nice Faceish!

p6112246om1.jpg

Terrible Back

p6112249eq5.jpg

I don't want to hijack your thread dude, but I got a solid D series case back from a member here and I'm trying to put a 003 together I suppose. Purchased a new crown as the one it had was virtually smooth (no teeth) but have had tube and stem issues. Basically I feel its like some sort of cursed watch but I'm determined to right it somehow, and selvedge it to something wearable. But its costing me mucho $$$$$

Watch this space I guess

ST4

Nice looking watch TJ.

I also agree that this would look stunning on a SS strap.

Good luck with the wedding.

Love the watch idea with the best men !

TeeJay, thanks for the pics -- and you are absolutely right, that white small seconds hand is a shame.

I found I happen to have a black hand in my parts box. PM me your mail address and I'll send you it.

PM Sent :)

Teejay yours is look pretty good

Part of my debarcle can be seen here

Basically did a silly deal on iOffer and got sent a totally different watch to what I wanted and have ended up with a 113 of sorts.

Nice Faceish!

p6112246om1.jpg

Terrible Back

p6112249eq5.jpg

I don't want to hijack your thread dude, but I got a solid D series case back from a member here and I'm trying to put a 003 together I suppose. Purchased a new crown as the one it had was virtually smooth (no teeth) but have had tube and stem issues. Basically I feel its like some sort of cursed watch but I'm determined to right it somehow, and selvedge it to something wearable. But its costing me mucho $$$$$

Watch this space I guess

ST4

Thanks :) In all fairness, yours has the more accurate dial, so you're definitely going to wind up with a very nice 113 when you're completed :) Best of luck with the project :)

Nice looking watch TJ.

I also agree that this would look stunning on a SS strap.

Good luck with the wedding.

Love the watch idea with the best men !

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I finally got round to replacing the second hand with a black one. A huge thanks to SSSurfer for hooking me up, it's much appreciated, my friend, the difference it's made to the appearance of the watch is staggering. As I mentioned when I first got the watch, I didn't want to replace the hand to get it closer to gen, I just wanted to be able to actually see the hand during the day :lol: Now I can :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now, all I used for this procedure, was a couple of screwdrivers and my fingernails (and rubber gloves to get the case back off). This was barnyard engineering at it's crudest, but, the result is one I'm very pleased with :) I was also able to remove the 'mark' at the '45' minute mark which I previously mentioned. Turns out, it was just a smudge of clear oil, and a wipe with my shirt took care of that. First time I'd stripped a PAM from it's case, but I doubt it'll be the last :thumbsupsmileyanim::victory:

DSCN5138.jpg

DSCN5145.jpg

Teejay I love your attitude man:) Congrats on the new watch.Im in the process of putting a 113 dial in a pvd case meself.Like u, dont care for the gen anal details...

Thanks, amigo :) This 113 isn't a PVD case, just very bad lighting :lol: Indeed, getting anal about details can just spoil enjoying the watch for what it is. I was quite happy with the watch as it arrived, but, in the end, I figured I'd swap the hands and be done with it, just so I could actually see the sweep, and, I'm really glad I did :) Best of luck with your case swap, I'll look forward to seeing the finished project :good:

Oh I realize yours isnt..I have a pvd case lying around so i figured what the heck, i need a white dial in this..Itll take a while but ill post some piccies for sure; Thanks!..Oh..RIP dear kitty.

Oh I realize yours isnt..I have a pvd case lying around so i figured what the heck, i need a white dial in this..Itll take a while but ill post some piccies for sure; Thanks!..Oh..RIP dear kitty.

Cool, I wasn't too sure, as I realize the photos are pretty dark :lol: I like the sound of the project, I'm sure it'll look awesome, and thanks, he was a good little cat, but still around in spirit :)

Awesome result, TJ!

Very glad I happened to take an even minor part in it.

Absolutely, the watch completely changed its face. It's not just a matter of readability (even if that alone would be enough), also the aesthetic effect is critical, IMHO. Now the dial is well balanced, the hands go good together, everything looks as a whole.

Always amazing how great a difference a tiny detail can make.

Also congrats on your first modding action. With so few tools!

I think I can feel your satisfaction. I am constantly excited any time I start a modding (most likely because I end up by ruining half the pieces I put my hands on, so the final outcome is always a thrill :lol: ).

And when it ends up in a good work, then wearing and enjoying the result is an appointment for good.

Just be warned that the modding bug bytes hard almost as the rep bug. ;)

Well done my friend,

M.

Awesome result, TJ!

Very glad I happened to take an even minor part in it.

Absolutely, the watch completely changed its face. It's not just a matter of readability (even if that alone would be enough), also the aesthetic effect is critical, IMHO. Now the dial is well balanced, the hands go good together, everything looks as a whole.

Always amazing how great a difference a tiny detail can make.

Also congrats on your first modding action. With so few tools!

I think I can feel your satisfaction. I am constantly excited any time I start a modding (most likely because I end up by ruining half the pieces I put my hands on, so the final outcome is always a thrill :lol: ).

And when it ends up in a good work, then wearing and enjoying the result is an appointment for good.

Just be warned that the modding bug bytes hard almost as the rep bug. ;)

Well done my friend,

M.

Thanks, amigo, and, once more, thanks for the hand. It might have only been a small component, but, it has made a huge difference to the watch, so I quite literally could not have done it without you :)

You're absolutely right, the watch now appears complete, and the result of the change is incredible :)

Thanks, I knew I was taking a chance with doing it without proper tools, but I figured that was half the fun :lol: I have got a PAM project in mind, but, what with finances as they are, it's not something I'd be able to justify doing for quite a while, but, at least I know that I can do it :)

Thanks again :)