When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help - Wrist irritation from bracelets

Gil

With the hot weather are having here in the U.S., I am experiencing really bad problems with my bracelet reps. I recently paid over $400 for the new GMT IIc w/CHS and can not wear. The bracelet irritates my wrist and causes a rash. This is very dissappointing because this is truly a beautiful and very accurrate rep. I only wish that the same thought that went into cloning it was used in selecting the metal for the bracelet. The last three RLX reps I purchased had given me a problem with irritation. I am close to giving up on bracelet reps.

BTW, I do own a couple gen bracelet watches from Omega, Rolex, and Oris and I do not have a problem with them. I also purchased a Sub and a TT Sub from Eddie Lee a few years back and do not have problems with them so I am not allergic to all metal bracelets.

Can anyone help? I remember hearing of other applying fingernail polish to back of their bracelets to help but that seems sloppy. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

I seem to remember that also last summer there was a thread about it, triggered or involving Victoria (Vicky, where are you?).

Try a search about it, maybe you can find some suggestions.

If you're also allergic to tomatoes, corn, chocolate, canned or tetra packed food, then its a Nickel allergy. Confirmed. Those food contains small amounts of nickel.

Stainless steel may have nickel, even in small cuantities, so it may cause a rash if you're allergic.

My suggestion is to try a leather bund strap while you have a Ni allergy test.

best regards and good luck.

Chino.

There are different degrees of Nickel allergy. I have that problem too and I stay away from the cheap reps as they seem to be made of a worse steel then the ones with 'Swiss' movements. I can even smell the iron on them after wearing it for a few hours. Now stainless steel does not smell. The only reason that stuff does not rust is that there is a lot of Nickel in it.

That said it surpises me that Gil has trouble with the new GMT II, which is not a cheap rep and I have one too and I think the steel is good. Maybe it was a bad batch? He should talk to where ever he bought it from.

That is a real agravating thing about reps in general - you can buy the cheapest fashion watch in the mall and you will get good steel, why do we still have to put up with that c r a p ??

Our dealers should be more aware of what they sell. It always says '316 steel, sapphire crystal' and then at least on the cheaper ones you get a glass crystal and #@% steel <_<

Sorry to hear about your allergy mate!

I would suggest that you send all your bracelets (along with watches to me). I will treat them with some magic chemical to make them hypoallergenic ....test out the watches for a couple of months and then return them to you.

what say? :p

p.s. @johnaphro.....you may want to take advantage of this limited time offer as well :chinese: