When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT IIC check your band

rolexconfuse

I was wearing my GMT IIC for the last week and all was fine, last night i walk into my apartment and the entire watch just dropped straight to the ground from my wrist. My first thought was OMG one of the pin or link must have been busted but i picked up the watch i realized that one of the screws fell out. The screw from the last link next to the clasp (the flip pieace with the crown) It was loose and I didn't know it or see it.

So the good was the watch survived a 4 foot drop to the ground, no scratches, no dings, and the watch keeps on ticking.

Bad news, I can't find the missing screw in my apt, and the screws from the extra links that i removed are to long to fit correctly. The screw juts a bit at the top which is an eye sore.

I was unlucky that watch didn't drop when I was in the streets...

I've had the same screw come loose on mine, while i had the half link extension open. I wondered what was wrong when it wouldn't go back, and noticed the screw was hung out.

I seem to remember reading a post saying something similar a few weeks ago.

That same screw seems to be coming loose on most of these watches (mine included). Usually, the owner becomes aware of it before the bracelet falls apart because as the screw begins loosening, it comes into contact with the flip lock hinge making it difficult to open/close the clasp. A dot of Loctite blue (available at many hardware & auto parts stores) on the cleaned screw threads will solve the problem (& still allow you to remove the screw as needed)

loctiti242threadlockblue.jpg

That same screw seems to be coming loose on most of these watches (mine included). Usually, the owner becomes aware of it before the bracelet falls apart because as the screw begins loosening, it comes into contact with the flip lock hinge making it difficult to open/close the clasp. A dot of Loctite blue (available at many hardware & auto parts stores) on the cleaned screw threads will solve the problem (& still allow you to remove the screw as needed)

loctiti242threadlockblue.jpg

Ditto!!

That happened to me one time with a new DD....nearly shot my pants when I heard it hit the concrete....it survived....

You might want to check the floor of your car for the screw....sometimes the bracelet wont come apart immediately after the screw is removed....occasionally the links can kind of hold themselves together....retracing your steps might lead you to the screw....