When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Courtesy on ebay ? Tudor Sub

lanikai

Thank you All... I think ma luck has changed from the middle of the week :D

I really don't know which way I'm going with this one right now... it feels great to have "options"...

If this were a rep Dial .. I would definately go for the aged ..patina look....

This is my first genuine dial !! ergo thoughts of restoring it to somewhat medium age.. or Newer crosses my mind .. but it would definately need a relume as only Ziggy can do it properly (of course)... IMO it would not take away from the geuiness.. but give ;value added" to it.. and the hands would have to follow suit ...and the movement would have to be somewhat original ... then there is the queston of the case .. I have the genuine crystal already.. but not crown yet....

so this is the time that will be the most enjoyable as far as anticipation and the "icing on the cake" so to speak.... This hobby works backwards at times.. you source the "Main Entree" then get everything else that "enhances the Meal" .. thoughts of going 100 on this piece is alluring.. but ahhhh.. maybe sound judgement (what a concept) should kick in and a "middle of the road" sourcing should be thought of.

Whatever the final outcome will be; it will be very enjoyable and I will savour each moment to it's fullest !!

Mahalo Plenty Gang !!!

R

R-

I think we've discussed the movement before. I test fit mine today, and the one I am thinking of would fit perfect in an MBW (or similar quality ETA 2836 vintage cased Sub).

As for the dial... I'd say relume it. It looks like it's been relumed already, as the trademark surface texture is no longer present. Plus, you can take this opportunity to lume both the dial and hands in a matching tone.

BTW, I have a gen crown here for you; gratis for a great guy and friend! I have either a Rolex Triplock, or a Tudor Triplock. Either one has your name on it, just take your pick.

Congrats on the win! Looking forward to seeing the finished result (as well as Stephane's!)

Regards :)

IMG_3896.jpg

R-

I think we've discussed the movement before. I test fit mine today, and the one I am thinking of would fit perfect in an MBW (or similar quality ETA 2836 vintage cased Sub).

As for the dial... I'd say relume it. It looks like it's been relumed already, as the trademark surface texture is no longer present. Plus, you can take this opportunity to lume both the dial and hands in a matching tone.

BTW, I have a gen crown here for you; gratis for a great guy and friend! I have either a Rolex Triplock, or a Tudor Triplock. Either one has your name on it, just take your pick.

Congrats on the win! Looking forward to seeing the finished result (as well as Stephane's!)

Regards :)

IMG_3896.jpg

Ubi.. Your kindness is overwellming .. I am at a lost for words.. so all I will say Is.."Thank you so Very Much !!!!".. :)

This is a direct result of the type of members and "People" we have on RWG.... more than Just Watches.... NO sh.....!!!! :victory:

Lani, will you be bidding on this beautiful set as well?

cb5e_3.JPG

(It's at $2900+, with 8 days left to go in the auction :huh: )

:shock: ...... :brow: ..... ahhhhh

that's one of TMG's signature timpieces.... it is friggin gorgeous .... i believe I will take a "PASS" :whistling: