When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch got wet when swimming

willvt1

well a couple quick options (although no guarantee this will fix the watch) to get the water out would be to pull out the crown, then leave the watch either in a bowl of dry white rice or if you have them, in a tupperware container with silica packets...

pretty good chance your movement is dead though...good news is it is a cheap asian movement; i believe you should be able to find a replacement (do a search re: b&r asian movements -- it's something like DG.....)

deltatahoe

Help I jumped into the river with my Bell & Ross 01 92 rep on. Stopped working when I got out. Love the watch, really bummed!!

any ideas??

When I get water in my watch(es) it in a vaccum chamber on a heated surface to remove most moisture rapidly

Replicas and water rarely mix. If you love a replica never bring it close to water.

When I get water in my watch(es) it in a vaccum chamber on a heated surface to remove most moisture rapidly

Replicas and water rarely mix. If you love a replica never bring it close to water.

Talk about Karma!!!! I wrote this post last night and this morning i woke up and the watch was alive and ticking!!! I am going to keep "helping little old ladies across the street" and hope the good karma continues!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Get it open and completely dried out. Dont assume that the fact that it sprung to life temporarily means its all better. Do as was suggested and use rice or silica packets to dry it. It will cost more money to service that movement that to replace it. There is a seller on this forum who has the movements for that watch. I would order one now if you really like the watch.

it's something like DG.....

DG 4813. A very decent 28800 bph auto. 11.19 GBP from cousinsuk (where it is misspelled DG 8413) or 26.10 USD from Ofrei.

But there are two versions of that movement around, different in their cannon pinion height if I correctly remember.

Only one of them would fit the B&R. The other one would fit the Rolex sub.