When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New York: which show would go to?

Stephane

I saw Mama Mia and Wicked recently and both are teriffic. If you want a light hearted fun musical that will bring a smile to your face see Mama Mia. If you want more special effects and a more darker/interesting storyl ine see Wicked. I also saw "The Blue Man Group" off Broadway which was also very good and VERY different but its in a REAL dumpy theatre. Tickets are cheap though for Blue man. Actually if you are in NY for several days I would suggest taking in Mama Mia one night and The Blue Man group another. Be sure to book in advance as shows sell out very quickly and sometimes way in advance. as for FOOD be sure to try Havana Cabana restaurant which is just a few blocks off Broadway. Great atmosphere, food and the best Sangria in the city! As for everything in the city try to get reservations if they take them.

Just saw Spamalot - it was great.

Also just saw Jersey Boys - highly recommend it.

But my favorite by far was South Pacific at the Lincoln Center - fantastic.

Try them all. Spring Awakening is ok, as well.

But best of ALL - Go over to Restaurant row, off Times square and go to my favorite restaurant in the WORLD - named Becco. 46th st. betweeen 8th and 9th Ave. Without a doubt the coolest restaurtant on the planet. Italian at its finest. Go for the pasta special each night. @ 22.00 for all you can eat!!!!!! They have a wine menu with 100 wines on it, and they all cost the same per glass-

9.00 per. Can't beat it anywhere in the world!!!!!!!

Most importantly - have fun.

I would go to metropilitan opera. And I'm hereby telling you that you DO NOT need a suit to go there. I was arguing with my dad about this topic, because he insited that I had to wear a suit (because "everyone else would be wearing one aswell"). Turns out there were more people in jeans than in a tux!

PS. if you can get to the Plunge @ Hotel Gansevoort Rooftop, take some wristshots :)

Elbow your way into the elevator and travel up to the hip and hellishly crowded Plunge, in the 15th-floor penthouse of the Hotel Gansevoort. You