When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

From China - In four days Flat - Part 1

hiker01

My First SSD - very good quality.....the bracelet is one of the most comfortable one's have on all the rolexex I own! No sharp edges on this baby!

Solid as a tank........

ssd1zv6.jpg

ssd5vt2.jpg

ssd2dl2.jpg

The pearl.....what do you think? Needs an upgrade?

ssd3jm6.jpg

ssd4mz7.jpg

ssdbakyd6.jpg

ssdhvze6.jpg

ssdcuprx0.jpg

ssdcrownfj6.jpg

Thanks for looking! Any comments are welcome!

SA-WEET! Great looking watch. I still just sit there and look at mine all the time.

The first thing I did with mine was to drop it in a glass full of water. Next I lubed the bracelet, scraped off the pearl with my finger nail and affixed an aftermarket one. Last night I sanded down the CG's and with the exception on the bezel insert..she is finished!

If you do not plan on changing the pearl in the very near future, go ahead and pull it off and re-glue it. It was scary how easy the original one came off.

Come to think of it, try that epoxy pearl mod on your pearl. I gave the pearl off the SSD to a buddy of mine and we did the epoxy thing to it and it came out freakishly good!

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=15226

here is a pic of mine before the CG's (but after the pearl) for comparison:

IMG_0011.jpg

SA-WEET! Great looking watch. I still just sit there and look at mine all the time.

The first thing I did with mine was to drop it in a glass full of water. Next I lubed the bracelet, scraped off the pearl with my finger nail and affixed an aftermarket one. Last night I sanded down the CG's and with the exception on the bezel insert..she is finished!

If you do not plan on changing the pearl in the very near future, go ahead and pull it off and re-glue it. It was scary how easy the original one came off.

Come to think of it, try that epoxy pearl mod on your pearl. I gave the pearl off the SSD to a buddy of mine and we did the epoxy thing to it and it came out freakishly good!

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=15226

here is a pic of mine before the CG's (but after the pearl) for comparison:

IMG_0011.jpg

@pfran: I like your pearl! Where did you get it from? Also, what lube did you use for the bracelet and how did you apply it!

Edited to add: I just check that repgeek link and I'll try that when I get a chance! I'll do it first with my NOOB SUB!

Thanks, Hike!

Pearl came from a guy off of this forum. It was like $5.00. I would try the epoxy mod. If you don't like the results then you can always remove the original pearl and get a WM pearl online.

As for the bracelet, you might not notice but the watch is very dirty. Here is what I did:

Soak bracelet in vegetable oil (not olive) for 1 hr

Work each link back and forth to remove any grime in between links (there will be a considerable amount)

Take some dish soap and an old toothbrush and lightly scrub the bracelet down..rinse

Rub dry for like 20-30 min so that you are working the excess oil out of the bracelet

(Optional) Take a green 3M scrub pad, wet it, and lightly rub it down the length of the bracelet. Be very careful not to let the scrub pad go over the side of the bracelet and scratch the polished ends.

Wipe with a clean damp cloth

Apply (name your product here) polish (some people swear by Mother's wheel polish), I use Brasso

Work the polish in with a toothbrush and let dry

Remove polish with soft cloth and a clean toothbrush (as to get into all the nooks and crannies)

Repeat a few times (the polishing bit)

Rub with clean soft cloth for as long as you want to soften up the entire bracelet

You will notice a HUGE difference in the way it feels. Users here use the word "silky" to describe the feeling.

Don't be afraid to get scratches on it. It is "THE" tool watch. It looks great with a little character added to it!

ENJOY YOUR PIMPIN' WATCH!!!

Pearl came from a guy off of this forum. It was like $5.00. I would try the epoxy mod. If you don't like the results then you can always remove the original pearl and get a WM pearl online.

As for the bracelet, you might not notice but the watch is very dirty. Here is what I did:

Soak bracelet in vegetable oil (not olive) for 1 hr

Work each link back and forth to remove any grime in between links (there will be a considerable amount)

Take some dish soap and an old toothbrush and lightly scrub the bracelet down..rinse

Rub dry for like 20-30 min so that you are working the excess oil out of the bracelet

(Optional) Take a green 3M scrub pad, wet it, and lightly rub it down the length of the bracelet. Be very careful not to let the scrub pad go over the side of the bracelet and scratch the polished ends.

Wipe with a clean damp cloth

Apply (name your product here) polish (some people swear by Mother's wheel polish), I use Brasso

Work the polish in with a toothbrush and let dry

Remove polish with soft cloth and a clean toothbrush (as to get into all the nooks and crannies)

Repeat a few times (the polishing bit)

Rub with clean soft cloth for as long as you want to soften up the entire bracelet

You will notice a HUGE difference in the way it feels. Users here use the word "silky" to describe the feeling.

Don't be afraid to get scratches on it. It is "THE" tool watch. It looks great with a little character added to it!

ENJOY YOUR PIMPIN' WATCH!!!

@pfran: Thanks, Dude....I'll give that a try.......on all my Rollie bracelets!!!!

hike just a tip ... i remembered ure gmt IIc story ... pls. lube the gaskets and pressure test the watch before u take a dip or shower / wash hands with it ... even do built like a tank :)

better of safe then sorry right? wear it well regards

laz

Hi LAZ! I had Joshua double QC'ed this and pressure tested it down to 100M, so I'm confident! If not, then it's his again! Although I tried to open it with my

Ofrei yellow ball and that case back won't budge! That's why I said it's built like a tank!. I'll let you know if it survives the cold waters of Lake Michigan!

congrats Hike, oooefff only for days....wish I was in the US...:)

Hi Capice, Gracie! Yup.......4 days (not counting Sat and Sun)! Joshua's watches usually arrives to my door 4-5 days Max!