When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing links in a PO

ToothDoc

I wrote this in another section but ill place it here again. i did go in to a local watchsmith and he removed the link for me with alot of swearing and cussing. it took him about ten minutes to replace the link and he bent the crap out of the pin he removed. It was quite the comedy. he probably realized it was a rep and i know he wanted to kill me for wasting ten minutes of his life but damn it looks nice. Thanks for the advice, i probably would have beat the crap out of the watch if i had tried it myself.

Dustin

Thanks for the replies, they do help. I am just glad it was the old man cussin and not me. maybe on my next omega purchase i will try this myself so i can live the life of this old man struggling and i will get my wife out there nagging at me so i can relive that experience. i will probably end up sleeping on the couch though so maybe i will just take it back to the watchsmith so he can sleep on the couch insted. Thanks for the help guys.

Dustin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Watchandpen

The pins on these are absolutely crap. I used a pin-removal tool and ended up bending one pin completely out of shape and beaking the other in two (at the joint). My watch repairer inserted a solid metal pin and ground out one (protruding end) which scratched that side of the affected link. Happily, as I give him so much work and buy lots of stuff from him - or maybe because of the damage caused (which I can live with) - he didn't charge. Why don't they make these bracelets with screws (gens and reps)?? :thumbdown::thumbdown::black_eye:

• 6 months later...