When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Pro Hunter my project...

Pam

don't forget the AR on the crystal and the fixed lugbars the pro hunter has welded in! And all pro hunter subs were models without engraved rehaut.

I'll build a pro hunter from an older MBW case if I find a dial...

I lugholized one WM9 jet....... :D

Oooh I would not go that way.

Drilling lugholes means that the fixed bar has to be welded from the outside up to a depth that allows the weld to be ground off so that an homogeneous surface appears that can be polished. The sides of the gen pro hunter is polished and therefore shiny and black, the lugs have the ground surface like the normal subs / dwellers / GMTs coated black.

The right way - the way Kamal (the guy doing the gen pro hunters) goes - is to weld it on the inside.

I'll go a third way, without welding. I am going to machine hollow lugbars that are just a little over 20mm. Then I grind it to fit the specific case, get it PVDed and fix it with a normal spring bar. I tried it with an aluminium tube and it'll work fine, even finer when I use the correct stainless steel.

• 1 month later...