When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An interesting thrust and parry on Hublot policies

sssurfer

http://watchmakingblog.com/2008/03/26/hublot-parts/

Reading about their snobbish attitude and the spokes they put in their customers' wheels, I am doubly glad there are pretty decent reps around... :lol:

I guess their mentality is "if their rich enough to throw away their money on one of our ugly over-hyped watches they can afford shipping charges and probably have another watch to wear while they wait for repairs to finish, anyway"

• 6 months later...

I often wonder what will happen to the industry when it reaches a breaking point in respect to problems such as these. Even if you can afford to get a watch serviced like this, who wants that kind of service? Hublot, I like your Big Bang, but what are you gonna do when the Big Bust hits you and the tried and true brands whose support of watchmakers and independently owned watch repairmen take your business. You'll be an overblown Ritmo Mundo selling your wares to fools and that will be the only thing your brand will stand for.

It is actually quite brilliant and mean spirited on their part - it ensures revenue to either their AD's (whose sales have fallen precipitously in the current economic environment) or their own service center. The one which makes me scratch my head is the requirement of the Panerai shop to show up with proper papers in order to service it. I suppose it implies they don't trust their own staff to identify fakes. :lol: