When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stupid question about 6263

yim156

I just check out the picture of Copy Venus 75 on Josh site. I read a article about the 6263 about last month.

One flaw that concerns me is the distance of lower pusher from the crown.

Again, last week A member came up with the 6263 case @ Jewelryandwatch.com

I am totally interested in without knowing how accurate it is but I can not afford $ 7G replica.

It would be very please if someone can help me answer this questions.

1. Is the 6263 HERE worth to pay $7G?

2. Does Copy Venus 75 from Josh fit the Jewelryandwatch's 6263 case. (if no, please goto 6.)

3. And how about the case at Jewelryandwatch.com @ $1,600, Is it worth to pay? (if no, please goto 6.)

4. How about the dial? Do I have to buy new dial?

5. If everything seems to fit together, Is it a good idea to spend about $2G on the project?

6. Where I could get the more accurate 6263, at least the lower pusher that concern me, at cheaper price?

Thank you for all helps.

Cheers.

Guest avitt
I just check out the picture of Copy Venus 75 on Josh site. I read a article about the 6263 about last month.

One flaw that concerns me is the distance of lower pusher from the crown.

Again, last week A member came up with the 6263 case @ Jewelryandwatch.com

I am totally interested in without knowing how accurate it is but I can not afford $ 7G replica.

It would be very please if someone can help me answer this questions.

1. Is the 6263 HERE worth to pay $7G?

2. Does Copy Venus 75 from Josh fit the Jewelryandwatch's 6263 case. (if no, please goto 6.)

3. And how about the case at Jewelryandwatch.com @ $1,600, Is it worth to pay? (if no, please goto 6.)

4. How about the dial? Do I have to buy new dial?

5. If everything seems to fit together, Is it a good idea to spend about $2G on the project?

6. Where I could get the more accurate 6263, at least the lower pusher that concern me, at cheaper price?

Thank you for all helps.

Cheers.

Caught the vintage Daytona bug, eh?

Here's my take on your questions:

1. 7G is far too much to pay for a 6263 replica.

2. I don't believe that that the Seagull movement will fit in the Vietnamese case, which is made specifically for the Valjoux 72.

3. $1600 for a case is a little high, but not unreasonable.

4. You will need a dial that is made for the VJ72. These will cost about $250 or less.

5. $2G would be a great price...But you won't be able to build a nice Daytona rep for this price. If you go with the $1600 case, you will still need the dial (let's say $200), and the VJ72 movement. The movements are available from donor watches on eBay, and typically sell for $1000+. So, with that in mind, a more realistic budgetary target would be $3000.

6. You could buy a DW vintage daytona case and dial from ioffer seller dyrcsszw (DW himself) for about $1100. These case sets were the basis for my Daytonas, along with several other members (including freddy333's legendary collection).

...I'll have to look through my parts box, as I might be able to put a kit together for you, and save you even more...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Yim156, You have heard from the MASTER OF VINTAGE DAYTONAS himself. Search for Avitts watches and you will see that he has built exactly what you are looking for (on more than one occasion).

I have seen his watches in person and they are truly works of art. He knows his stuff, and has shared it with you here! Heed his word and you will save yourself some money and have an incredible watch in the end!

T

From what I recall, I've got all the parts, too, laying around in my garage. This thread reminds me that I should get rid of all these parts/kits--I'd forgotten about it all.

I do know that I've got an extra 6263, complete but unassembled, that I might be tempted to pass on to someone who'll actually wear the tiny little thing. I've got another one, too, in my safe, but I suspect that I should keep at least one (despite never wearing it).

Cheers

As usual, Avitt is spot-on.

The only thing I would add is that if you want the correct (asymmetrical) pusher layout, you have 3 movement choices -- V72, V23 (same as V72, but without the hour totalizer - you fit a 'phantom' (fixed position) subdial hand in place of the missing hour totalizer hand of the V72) or an asymmetrical-pushered A7750 (these movements are harder to find than Valjoux movements).

The movement on the right is a Lemania/Venus copy

comparing_pusher_spacing.jpg

If you can live without the asymmetrical pushers & do not mind 'freezing' the hour totalizer subdial hand, the Lemania/Venus movement is a good alternative option. These movements are still in production, silky smooth & bulletproof.

This is a Lemania/Venus 6263

PaulNewmanLemania-withRolexbuckleon.jpg

hi, i like you 62 63 , i can t find avitt website , please send me a link or .......... thank you

As usual, Avitt is spot-on.

The only thing I would add is that if you want the correct (asymmetrical) pusher layout, you have 3 movement choices -- V72, V23 (same as V72, but without the hour totalizer - you fit a 'phantom' (fixed position) subdial hand in place of the missing hour totalizer hand of the V72) or an asymmetrical-pushered A7750 (these movements are harder to find than Valjoux movements).

The movement on the right is a Lemania/Venus copy

comparing_pusher_spacing.jpg

If you can live without the asymmetrical pushers & do not mind 'freezing' the hour totalizer subdial hand, the Lemania/Venus movement is a good alternative option. These movements are still in production, silky smooth & bulletproof.

This is a Lemania/Venus 6263

PaulNewmanLemania-withRolexbuckleon.jpg

Yim156, You have heard from the MASTER OF VINTAGE DAYTONAS himself. Search for Avitts watches and you will see that he has built exactly what you are looking for (on more than one occasion).

I have seen his watches in person and they are truly works of art. He knows his stuff, and has shared it with you here! Heed his word and you will save yourself some money and have an incredible watch in the end!

T

hi, impossible to find avitts watches, can you help me