When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6239 Project

bertieng

Intends to start off a 6239 project. Any idea if the gen. uses the 6mm(ref. 24-600) or the 5.3mm(ref. 24-530) Twinlock crown?

Am I correct that the corresponding case tube will not fit the DW case since it has a tube hole drilled for fitting the 7mm crown?

Guest avitt
Am I correct that the corresponding case tube will not fit the DW case since it has a tube hole drilled for fitting the 7mm crown?

The tube for the 6mm crown will fit the DW case. Both the 7mm Triplock and the 6mm Twinlock need a 3mm hole. You can get a nice, generic Twinlock tube from Ofrei.

Is this the look you're after?

80504-30445.jpg

Edited by avitt

The tube for the 6mm crown will fit the DW case. Both the 7mm Triplock and the 6mm Twinlock need a 3mm hole. You can get a nice, generic Twinlock tube from Ofrei.

Is this the look you're after?

80706-30428.jpg

yes, that is exactly the look. Do you know the Rolex ref. no. for the correct crown and tube?

Where do you get the pushers? They have a very long shaft though. How are you going to modify to get them fit for the movt?

BTW, what is the thread size of the pusher, and how about the correct push head diameter?

Thanks.

Edited by bertieng

Guest avitt

I don't know the reference number for that crown/tube. For that package, I just searched eBay for "Rolex 6mm Crown". Several Twinlocks were available...I think any of the NOS pieces would be suitable. The tube was a generic from Ofrie (I think it came with the proper gaskets).

The pushers are also from Ofrei, part number PD 61.701...they're very nice quality. Yes, you will need to trim them down the length, but otherwise, they are perfect for the DW case.

Thread size is 2.5mm for the pushers...That reminds me: You might want to pick up a Rolex tapping kit, to clean up the threads for the pushers and tube. This will make installation of the new parts much easier.

I don't know the reference number for that crown/tube. For that package, I just searched eBay for "Rolex 6mm Crown". Several Twinlocks were available...I think any of the NOS pieces would be suitable. The tube was a generic from Ofrie (I think it came with the proper gaskets).

The pushers are also from Ofrei, part number PD 61.701...they're very nice quality. Yes, you will need to trim them down the length, but otherwise, they are perfect for the DW case.

Thread size is 2.5mm for the pushers...That reminds me: You might want to pick up a Rolex tapping kit, to clean up the threads for the pushers and tube. This will make installation of the new parts much easier.

Thanks a lot avitt.

Very informative indeed.

I might think of giving the 6239 a kick-off now.