When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap culture legend gator straps

phaedo

Hi all,

I have been looking closely at the strap culture gator straps, which look quite nice. Just wondering if anyone has one, and what the impressions are, and also length - they are quite long, although they are 5mm thick, so does it wear shorter than the thinner straps? Don't want to get one only to discover it doesn't fit! I notice a few people trying to resell them over at 'risti, trying to make a profit on the better looking ones, which would say that they are sought after. Anyway, any thoughts, or pointers as to where else to look for a real rugged gator strap? I already have a taikonaut croc, but it is very soft, not rugged at all.

Hi there,

I have a Legend Honeyz Gator. I have taken a few photos and as soon as I get them off my camera I plan on writing a review.

As a quick response, I found it to be one of the best quality straps I own. Lovely soft leather with a real quality feel to it. My comments would be:

- You need a decent size wrist to pull it off as it is thick, with an even thicker buckle

- The length is fine, it seems long but as you say, due to the thickness, it fits well

- On the top side of my watch, it is so thick that it rubs against my PAM 111 case

I hope this helps. Watch out for my review soon

Thanks for that Spy, and I look forward to the review! Yes, the length will likely be a big determining factor, I know the fatter straps do wear shorter as it were, but I am still only wearing the typical 120/70 odd length as it is.

use the search feature, there have been plenty of discussions of the SC straps here. here's a link to pics of mine:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry454177

if your wrist handles a 44mm case, the SC strap should fit ok, i'm referring to the 80 / 130x24mm. sc straps come with 2 keeps, you may want to use only one.

I've got two of them. A black 26mm and a honey 24mm. Also have a couple SC straps in leather as well. They are probably the nicest straps that I've bought with the exception of my GSD Crazy Horse straps. They are about the thickest straps that I've seen. I have a 7 1/4" wrist if that helps at all with deciding if they would fit or not.

That picture Slai, has sold me I think. Looks good! And although I did use the search function initially, just didn't come up with many hits really, and a fresh perspective certainly helps! ;)

Niw, just have to save some cash to be able to afford it...

They are pretty nice from what I can tell. The price is quite affordable. If you can find one in the grain/texture you want, that's great. Compared to SanDave, they are a little more finished and a little more dressy. Compared to Ted Su though, they just pale in comparison. But Ted Su is 2x as expensive.

Depending on if you like the more factory made look or not, you could always contact a strap maker on one of the forums to make you a custom strap.