When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

24hour non-scientific water immersion test!

hiker01

Since I don't really have any scientific equipment to test for water resistance, I thought I should just make one out of a really tall pretsel container that holds about a gallon and a-half of

water and added a teaspoon of salt just to make it more exciting. I greased all the gaskets of these watches b4 they got in, except the SSD!

These are the watches that went in:

friends1024eq2.jpg

and this is how they all looked like in the bottom:

watertest800azk4.jpg

watertest800ha3.jpg

watertest800btu0.jpg

watertest800cjj8.jpg

Wow! They all passed!!!! Except the SSD come out with some rust on the end links, but I think it was from the sprinG bar because it easily wiped off!

ssdrust800dd1.jpg

ssdrust800ans8.jpg

ssdrust800bxu8.jpg

I love all these watches after this test! I know in the ocean snorkeling or diving is a different story, but at least for daily wear and occasional swimming, they should be fine!

THANKS! HIKE

I love all these watches after this test! I know in the ocean snorkeling or diving is a different story, but at least for daily wear and occasional swimming, they should be fine!

Completly agree with you Hike !!! My SSD is on my beach wear list for the next 3 weeks :D

By the way, i prefered the 2 avatar before B)

NATO and el cheapo spring bars for the ocean baby !!

If you take a watch in the ocean, better go ahead and buy some more spring bars that salt will do it every time.

Grease them up and make sure they are tight. I have not had any troubles in the pool or the beach myself.

disclaimer - I have never swam with a chrono and dont intend to.

NATO and el cheapo spring bars for the ocean baby !!

If you take a watch in the ocean, better go ahead and buy some more spring bars that salt will do it every time.

Grease them up and make sure they are tight. I have not had any troubles in the pool or the beach myself.

disclaimer - I have never swam with a chrono and dont intend to.

Wasssssup SirLance??? Where are the boobies? bEEN WAITING! :rolleyes:;)