When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How good is the "double AR" on 3717 reps?

whitestripes

i compared my 3717 to a gen, I think the ar is good but nowhere as nice as the one on the gen. its kinda halfway there. looks perfect from certain angles and I bet most photos are posted showing the BEST angle for the AR. if i could find someone in UK to do me a deal on AR + Lume, I would get it redone. I am not overly happy shipping my watch off to another country..

So it's pretty common knowledge that, with a ETA or cousins day/date wheel and a double ar treatment, the 3717 is almost perfect. I've noticed that the dealers now write "update" and have it with double AR. Is it any good?

It's extremely mediocre. Interestingly the coating on the exterior surface is different than the coating on the interior surface. The exterior coating is much lighter, and also more strip resistant than the interior coating. I've stripped and redone quite a few 3717s, and the difference is big. However rep AR has definitely improved since we first started seeing it.

the rep crystals AR is more toward the "tinted" look rather than the true AR of the genuine..

Bulldog (formerly chieftang) AR is the ultimate in anti reflective coatings and that is not (IMO) it is unlike anything you have seen ,,.. or in the case of the crystal ... you will not see any crystal or tint or hint of the AR coating... your crystal will simple not appear to be there... it belongs in another dimension... it really appears that you could pick the hands off the dial at any given time..my 3717 crystal is coming back shortly from Bulldogs coating and I'll be sure to post pics... my PO bulldog coated crystal will be put side by side the genuine Omega PO and you decide... B)

• 2 weeks later...
the rep crystals AR is more toward the "tinted" look rather than the true AR of the genuine..

Yes I must admit that it has a tinted look, that especially shows in outside light conditions.

See a comparison of my K2222 AR treated SMP Bond versus the rep AR 3717.

Pictures shot in a lighttent that was placed outside in daylight conditions. B)

_MG_5002.jpg

_MG_5003.jpg