When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lord (slate) Grey Stroke

Timepiece

So here it is. My shiny new slate grey Skyland from Angus.

(Man, I will need a cloth close at hand to keep the bling all day...)

IMG_5252.jpg

It feels chunky, but sits comfortably on your wrist without rolling up and down.

The AR is as good as the one on my Super(rep)ocean Steelfish from PT.

(The pics maybe show more blue than you will see in reality.)

The Breitling style leather strap I ordered from Angus is light of colour and not matching my skin complexion.

I will try it on my 22mm distressed brown HKTAN that is currently on the IWC 3717.

IMG_5245.jpg

The Skyland bezel and datewheel are better centered. Lume is decent.

Chrono's work smoothly, better than on my IWC 3717 that require a firm push.

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

The bracelet clasp needs some firm closing and opening. Links come off easily.

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

Some more artistic shots...

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

And some comparison pics to combine Sky, Land and Ocean...

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D :D

(soon some more shots on different straps, when I will get the push pins out!) :p

Looks pretty good me. Thanks for sharing.

It's true, though. There look to be a few little tiny errors on the dial. The 1 in "10" is a bit wonky, and the lume dot on 4 is a little out of place. I bet there will be little variations for each watch. I think, though, that overall the execution is excellent. The date font looks great, the crystal is beautiful. The dial is a great color grey (same watch as I purchased, as well).

So it's very, very nice.

But yep, '5', '7' and '10' were also done by 'shaky hands'

didn't want to nitpick too much... but you said it!

can something like the 4 be fixed?

it is running over the lines... and i thought lume had to be scraped off and re-applied... wonder if the dial would have to be re-painted of some sort...

you know, looks great anyway... i am sure after a year or two a genuine dial will EVENTUALLY be available on the web or even through some of the members and this wont even be a big deal...

PP

Edited by poopypants

didn't want to nitpick too much... but you said it!

can something like the 4 be fixed?

it is running over the lines... and i thought lume had to be scraped off and re-applied... wonder if the dial would have to be re-painted of some sort...

you know, looks great anyway... i am sure after a year or two a genuine dial will EVENTUALLY be available on the web or even through some of the members and this wont even be a big deal...

PP

I was wondering the same thing. Mine is on the way and I know the lume will drive me crazy, well not crazy but you know what i mean.

This one looks really good! After looking at these pics, with some mods it will be very close. ^_^

I got a Gen Black dial a year ago, and like Italiano...would consider selling mine since they look really good. I might have to get a blue dial and slap it on a blue rubber strap. If anyone has the blue dial, please post pics :)

dave :victory: