When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

42mm PO vs. 45mm PO

miquel

I recently received a 4th generation PO and an Asian 45mm PO from two seperate dealers. I haven't seen any comparisons yet, so I thought one might help if anyone hasn't purchased any yet.

80709-30425.jpg

80709-30426.jpg

There are a couple of differences on the dial. On the 45mm the dial looks nice and evenly spaced out, but the hour markers are smaller and the date wheel has the wrong font. The 42mm has the Omega logo close to the Omega script.

The crown on the 45mm is smaller and doesn't protrude out as far. The helium valve is also a little lower than where it should be. The bezel is raised more on the 42 than on the 45mm.

80709-30427.jpg

The casebacks on both of them are excellent. The 45mm does need a good polishing as machine marks are present. The 42 is just as stunning, but with the etched "Planet Ocean", not engraved like the 45mm.

The 45mm has the "old" style SMP bracelet with screws, not pins. It also has the etched logo and lettering, whereas the 42mm has the engraved lettering and the planet ocean also on it. The 42 also has the correct curved bracelet, which I like. There are pins to hold the links together. However, the finish of the bracelet wasn't as good.

I think both versions are a terrific deal for the money. I like both equally. If you aren't ready to spend the money on the 4th gen, this 45mm might be the way to go.