When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a seagull movement into a submariner?

db1

Hi,

i would like to know if an Seagull ST-25 movement could fit inside a rolex submariner case?

it's a pretty nice movement, and pretty cheap as well (around $90 when you find them). but as much as i remember- it's pretty damn thick !

maybe even too thick for a breitling superocean case! :)

what do you guys think?

any help will be much appreciated..

Those are the same measures of the eta 2892 than it’s a slim movement,also I think you would need something like this but for the 2892 … which one it’s the seagull st 25, Because I have in my memory than the 2824 clone it’s the st-24 and the 2892 clone it’s the st-26 and for the size that you put it appears to be a copy of the 2892

Edited by emuozz

Hi,

i would like to know if an Seagull ST-25 movement could fit inside a rolex submariner case?

it's a pretty nice movement, and pretty cheap as well (around $90 when you find them). but as much as i remember- it's pretty damn thick !

maybe even too thick for a breitling superocean case! :)

what do you guys think?

any help will be much appreciated..

By submariner, I assume you mean a rep case. You can consider the ST-25 a 2892 from a size perspective. From what I've read here on RWG (and you can search the archives to confirm), those who have done 2824 -> 2892 swaps in the past have done so with success, and without needing specialized spacers to get crown stems to line up. I guess the only question would be whether or not the canon pin, hour wheel, etc on the ST-25 that you'd receive would be of the correct height to provide adequate clearance over the dial since dial thickness vary. For ETA, there are usually 3 or more options there. For Seagul, I have no idea how many there are or how easy they are to obtain.