When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMTIIc Mags update.. all mags removed from xtals

lanikai

All Mags have been removed from the crystals.. please check the status list if you are not payed by Friday 8/01/08 your mags will be rolled over to members on the stand-by list .. last call; no more PM's .. no more chasing..

groupbuymags021wc5.jpg

Aloha

Lani

The crystal with mags has arrived and they look excellent !!.. now I can breathe.... :D and smile...... they look actually better than the sample.. Mr/ Ali came through... after the fact... ;) ... but they are here none the less.. and here are some pics..

One thing I will comment on.. a lot of members say that they are not receiving the correct magnification..

remember that this is a "magnifier" .. and as such, the enlargement of the font depends on the height of the crystal in relationship to the mags distance to the font.. ergo the older vintage plexi crystals ... the font will be much larger than a modern day sub...

I never bothered to think about it but some genuine mags in which the crystal sits very low to the DW.. may very well be larger than 2.5 ... possibly a 2.6 to 2.8 giving the end result of magnification 2.5... or different models magnification may vary.. .. unless all Rolexes are the same height from crystal to font.. in which case my theory has just been shot to shit..

Pics...

groupbuymags009xk7.jpg

The Loot

groupbuymags006dk5.jpg

Looks good.. but remember the DW is a little sunken so the magnification will be larger on the actual piece

groupbuymags001ro6.jpg

groupbuymags002za3.jpg

I had to do ... one right away juuuusssst to be sure !!!! see the remnants of the UV glue on the crystal ??

groupbuymags013sp1.jpg

The lack of clarity comes from the glue that still needs to be cleaned off the mag and I just heated this up to very high temputure.. but after soaking in acetone it should be crystal clear... :rolleyes:

groupbuymags015zc5.jpg

Below is the list of members that have signed up and paid.. I cannot get in touch with Manuel.. his inbox is full if anyone knows how to reach him please do so.. otherwise he will loose his spot and mag and I will go to the next member who wants one..

and if I have erroneously left the late stragglers out .. let me know either on this thread or by pm... I believe one member did pm me and PP me so I will look ..

and I will get in contact with the members that said they would lend a hand with the forum names and physical address' for the mailing list and so Chief can cross check to the payments...

OK gang the stressful part of holding our breathes is "history".... although I was confident but since it is not "my" money per say that I am playing with .. I will light up a Habana in celebration while I see if the soldering iron I got will remove these.... the fumes from the acetone don't go well with cigar ash... :o

Dluddy...1...Paid

Freddy....1...Paid

Carlsbad...1..Paid

cdsmith...2.. Paid

DBR........1....... Paid

promotersf...1..Paid

cskent69...2..Paid

jake48.....1... Paid

Jot9011...1..Paid

Mreynolds767...1..Paid

porsche356a...1

deltatahoe...1...Paid

ilikejeeps2...1

drop........1...Paid

Manuel....1

Bazz........1..Paid

TA808......1...Paid

cib0rgman ..1..Paid

Dani....1..Paid

82KUBA...1...Paid

Z3ko....1..Paid

chinkiechunkie....1...Paid

Mikellem....1...Paid

Legendofspeed...1..Paid

Eurotimez-Chris....1..Paid

I have had my head buried in some other projects, but I am glad to hear all the correct crystals arrived & on schedule.

I should have had you handle all my previous purchases from Ali.

My thought process when dealing with people such as Ali ... you need to put "your" mind set into "his mind set" and negotiate accordingly... thinking like the SOP of "yourself" never works.. .... I will leave you with that very Zen like thought.. and also leave this..

groupbuymags015zc5.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

R, I simply knew that the hard work that you and Chief (I mean BullDog) were putting in to this would pay off!

Im glad to hear all is well,

T

R, I simply knew that the hard work that you and Chief (I mean BullDog) were putting in to this would pay off!

Im glad to hear all is well,

T

And I thank you T !!!! for ALL the work "you" put into this also !!!.. sounds like we gat a JAMMIN team goin on hea !!!!!!!!!!1 :D

Great news Lani... ;)

We all needed this to go correct for you!

Thanks so much for all your hard work,

and TONS of worries... :rolleyes:

Cheers R...

MM

mikellem Posted Today, 07:04 PM

Congrats...R..

Thank you for the kind words and it looks like this is a WIN for the entire team !!!!!!!! Congrats to us.. all around.. :D

ps, i wish i wasn't getting ready to move & had more time to spend on RWG at the moment -- lots of exciting projects and developments going on at the moment

This is the 1st I have heard about the move, but congratulations on the new house. That is 1 of the few things that are better to get than a new watch (I think). :thumbsupsmileyanim:

yeah there's a reason i haven't been around much freddy -- been trying to spend as much time with friends in family before moving from SF to LA, which means not much free time for RWG...

i promise to be back with some new pictures in the new (sunny) setting once i'm all settled :victory:

deltatahoe

yeah there's a reason i haven't been around much freddy -- been trying to spend as much time with friends in family before moving from SF to LA, which means not much free time for RWG...

i promise to be back with some new pictures in the new (sunny) setting once i'm all settled :victory:

deltatahoe

I don't have any clever suggestions, but I'm thinking the move means we're going to see a new handle?

I don't have any clever suggestions, but I'm thinking the move means we're going to see a new handle?

while my forum name is certainly northern california based, i've grown kind of attached to it....

however, changing names seems to be the thing to do recently (ahem...chieftang :) errr...i mean bulldog :D)...

i've used the name surfside as a login before :g:

given i'll be living at the beach, it would be certainly be consistent with my location-based naming history :lol:

@lani, sorry to derail your thread (i hope you don't mind).....consider it a free bump :victory:

deltatahoe

while my forum name is certainly northern california based, i've grown kind of attached to it....

however, changing names seems to be the thing to do recently (ahem...chieftang :) errr...i mean bulldog :D)...

i've used the name surfside as a login before :g:

given i'll be living at the beach, it would be certainly be consistent with my location-based naming history :lol:

@lani, sorry to derail your thread (i hope you don't mind).....consider it a free bump :victory:

deltatahoe

sheesh wada ya mean "derail" ma thread.. I enjoy reading current events that's happening with the Ohana.... I vote for keeping your DT forum name.. I've grown to associate it with you man.. as a gentlemen and another great

RWG member.. :D

So derail away... looking forward to some pics.. my brother lives in Orange County ...

deltatahoe

B - when you say LA do you mean LA proper? And is there time for a mini-GTG before you go?

B - when you say LA do you mean LA proper? And is there time for a mini-GTG before you go?

do people actually live in LA proper? :lol: i'm going to be in manhattan beach ;)

i could possibly make a mini-GTG happen -- i could probably make it happen this sunday night (aug 3rd), or if not, maybe one night next week?

let me know what you think...

deltatahoe

All mags have been removed.. please check the sign up list if you are not payed by Friday 8/01/08 your mags will be rolled over to the next member on the stand-by list.. no more pm's will be sent out.. no more chasing..

groupbuymags021wc5.jpg

Aloha

R