When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My PAM 111H - only two things missing

chefcook

Heyho,

I just wanted to share my first attempts of watch photography with you.

My newest addition is a PAM 111H which started out as a standard rep purchased from Precious Time. PT's service was great, delivery was fast and questions were answered immediately and extensive. The watch and box came well wrapped and out of the box the watch had a high quality feel and look - but it just was not perfect in some areas. Most obvious was the super reflective coating on the dial. Actually it wasn't a anti reflective coat, it was just a blue tint causing massive reflections. The crystal is a lot more "invisible" without it, so I removed the coating.

So I replaced the standard rep CG with one of V's marvellous CG that was brushed for a genuine surface before installation. The lever pin got polished as I have seen it on the gens (btw the pin on the standard rep CG from PT was not only polished, it was set perfectly slightly recessed from the surface of the CG - it would have been perfect if the CG had the correct shape).

To install V's CG I had to shorten the case tube and stem about a tenth of a millimeter and the lever had to be shortened by 0,2mm, too.

Second thing to change was the dial. The standard dial was nice, but I need better lume. The DSN dial and hand set I installed are way better than my expectations! I am overly impressed - it glows like a torch for hours! Printing is nice, but the L SWISS MADE L should have more space to the 6.

Last on my list was a H3 canon pin set.

Now the results:

2me91ua.jpg

295wu20.jpg

1z6gm6s.jpg

1hw6y0.jpg

m987iw.jpg

2c0phy.jpg

2qs5ijn.jpg

6opxfn.jpg

21b6n2g.jpg

2ajxcih.jpg

2rxgmzm.jpg

n4we8i.jpg

2qbhtep.jpg

205za8g.jpg

5uhgk1.jpg

35ndaaq.jpg

The lume shot shows the watch after exactly zero exposure time and was not photoshopped. I simply wore it for about half an hour in the light of a normal evening ...

So what is still missing? First of all obviously the single side AR, second is a decent crown. Both will be done in the coming weeks :)

Your comments are welcome!

PS: Yes, I took the pics with two different cameras.

So I replaced the standard rep CG with one of V's marvellous CG that was brushed for a genuine surface before installation. The lever pin got polished as I have seen it on the gens (btw the pin on the standard rep CG from PT was not only polished, it was set perfectly slightly recessed from the surface of the CG - it would have been perfect if the CG had the correct shape).

To install V's CG I had to shorten the case tube and stem about a tenth of a millimeter and the lever had to be shortened by 0,2mm, too.

Great post and thank you. One question: I too have a PAM project in the works that will include V's CG. You are the second person to say that they had to polish the crown guard before installation. Is there something wrong with the brushed finish on V's CG as delivered?

Yip the finishing is not very good on these crownguards unfortunately...My only gripe though.

That was the only issue with the cg from the beginning.. since it is raw metal just brushed industrially 2-3 times.

The original is mirror polished and then fine brushed on top of it to have that shiny look. WHich would have been more expensive and definately time-consuming to polish them and then re-brush them.

Thankfully achieving the perfect finish is not that difficult as rolli has shown in his thread by just polishing the cg a bit and then re-brush it with a scotch brite green pad. :)

That was the only issue with the cg from the beginning.. since it is raw metal just brushed industrially 2-3 times.

The original is mirror polished and then fine brushed on top of it to have that shiny look. WHich would have been more expensive and definately time-consuming to polish them and then re-brush them.

Thankfully achieving the perfect finish is not that difficult as rolli has shown in his thread by just polishing the cg a bit and then re-brush it with a scotch brite green pad. :)

I've done it rolli's way, too. I think everybody agrees that brushing your nearly perfect crownguard is a lot better than having it done by the manufacture for a huge amount of money. Your CGs are just perfect for us!

• 3 weeks later...

This might seem a strange question Chefcook but is there a small disc in the recess of the crown?

A few of my Pams have the problem of the crown sitting out from the case, if I was to shorten the stem to pull it in a bit the lever would be too short due to the recess on the crown.

This pic seems to show it best

post-12067-1219107971_thumb.jpg