When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 47mm

golf645

Hi guys I am looking to get a new Pam but this time I need a 47mm. I originally wanted a 127 and still love it but is there another Pam 47 mm that I should be looking at. I wonder if I can pull off a 20K 127 or does it scream FAKE. Maybe there's a better 47mm out there? Thanks

Just my .02cents...

How many Pams have you spotted in the wild around where you live?

In my neck of the woods, I've spotted one. A 111 on a bracelet. On a hot blonde driving an extremely expensive Porsche 911. (I honestly was trying to get a better look at her watch when she looked over at me and saw me drooling on my window.... I swear)

I don't feel at all odd wearing my 127 or 187 out and about... they are rare enough birds that even 99% of those that are "in the know" as to *what brand of watch* your sporting wouldn't know a rep from a gen anyhow. A great strap always helps =)

If you live in an area saturated with paneristi, I would suggest you evaluate more carefully. However if you live in a part of the country where they are a bit scarce, wear what ever you like and can reasonably pull off with your general attire and body language.

That's just it. I have a dozen friends who between them own at least 25 gen Pams!! I don't think they will inspect it but they will know exactly what a 1950 is and how much it should cost. I make good coin but I wonder how much you need to make to pull off a 20K watch.

Just my .02cents...

How many Pams have you spotted in the wild around where you live?

In my neck of the woods, I've spotted one. A 111 on a bracelet. On a hot blonde driving an extremely expensive Porsche 911. (I honestly was trying to get a better look at her watch when she looked over at me and saw me drooling on my window.... I swear)

I don't feel at all odd wearing my 127 or 187 out and about... they are rare enough birds that even 99% of those that are "in the know" as to *what brand of watch* your sporting wouldn't know a rep from a gen anyhow. A great strap always helps =)

If you live in an area saturated with paneristi, I would suggest you evaluate more carefully. However if you live in a part of the country where they are a bit scarce, wear what ever you like and can reasonably pull off with your general attire and body language.

I'd have to agree with Peepshow on this one... its pretty much bad form to outright lie and try to pass 'em off as gens when anyone asks anyhow...

And in your specific situation having friends that may begin to qualify as "paneristi"... have you felt your friends out for their feelings about rep watches?

You could inadvertently harm or end a friendship if a rep watch offends them too much.

Perhaps set your sights a bit lower and find a nice MM 47mm rep. :D

I'd have to agree with Peepshow on this one... its pretty much bad form to outright lie and try to pass 'em off as gens when anyone asks anyhow...

And in your specific situation having friends that may begin to qualify as "paneristi"... have you felt your friends out for their feelings about rep watches?

You could inadvertently harm or end a friendship if a rep watch offends them too much.

Perhaps set your sights a bit lower and find a nice MM 47mm rep. :D

I think an "unbranded" Marina Militare 47mm might be right up your alley. If it *has* to be a rep, perhaps one of DSN's RXW MM20 reps? High quality and much less likely to get called out. That's rolling the dice with DSN's QC issues, though.

Haha, if a friend is "offended" by my rep I wouldn't want him as a friend for long! There are Paneristis and then there are Paneristi that hate reps and any wrists they are on. My buds just like their watches and have too much money. I don't think they would ever ask me outright if it was real but I also don't think they know how good these things can get or just how popular they are. I think the majority of people know that the 2 fakes out there are Cartier and Rolex. I don't think they can comprehend the breadth of this industry. I never tell people my watch is real but I never tell them it isn't either. If an acquaintance asks how much is that? I say, in the store it is $xxxx.

I've just recently been well and truly bitten by the Panerai Bug.

just got my 252 a couple of days ago and now am looking for more.

I love the look of the 127 but am just not sure of the size. Has anyone actually measured the watch in terms of complete dimensions?

I can comfortable wear a 46mm navitimer so 47 should be okay. But am not sure about the crown guard.