When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vertu Ascent Ti is here!

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Warren I am afraid your question might be a bit too difficult for me as I am no cell-tech-expert but I believe this is a dualband phone for two frequencies 900/1800 Mhz

I will have to check it out for sure though.

Updated list looks as follows:

1. pam112 - 1 x Black leather

2. watcher - 1 x Black leather

3. Edwin25 - 1 x Black leather

4. sul - 1 x Black leather

5. rkdk - 1 x Black leather

6. tonton2000 - 1 x Red leather

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... It's similar to MacBook Pro keyboard :p

I may probably get this piece too... Still thinking.

Wow, if its keypad lights are similar to a Macbook Pro's KB, then that sounds great! ^_^

I am also thinking too. It'll be hard to stop using a PDA phone if I decide to get this. Btw, I wonder whether the cam comes with autofocus too. And whether the Symbian OS is gen. :huh:

Guest Sql_pl

Updated list looks as follows:

7. straight_six - 1 x Red Leather, 1 x ?

Dead-line for signing up was set up at 12:00 GMT on tuesday 5th so if you are on the fence please think it over and let me know, you still have like 12 hours.

Guest Sql_pl

OK so here is a final list:

7. straight_six - 1 x Red Leather, 1 Black or Brown

I will now contact the dealer in order to find out if he's got that quantity in stock ready for immediate delivery (after he QC every piece - that's what I requested) and get back to all of you with payment info and other details.

What I found out yesterday is that what we are buying now is the newest Ascent Ti replica that is TRIBAND so it actually WORKS in USA and Canada!

So US-based members I am sorry for my previous misinformation.

If any of you would also be interested please feel free to let me know and I guess we can figure something out.

Thanks!

Guest Sql_pl

Hi all,

I have some good news.

Just got a response from the dealer.

He's got 40 pieces in stock right now out of which he will choose 8 that are absolutely best after his QC check.

He mentioned he knows all possible problems with these and he will make sure the ones shipped for us are perfect.

What is more he also said he will include a car-charger in the package for free!

He will be doing QC tomorrow and will be able to ship them out on thursday.

I will right now PM you all with the details that you need to proceed.

Thanks!

Guest Mr Jones

Sql_pl - no answer about menu ;(.

If you want check Symbian you can install any application for Symbian OS from http://www.symbianforum.pl/ . On market we have two models of Ascent Ti with different mainboards one only 2 band [w/o USA] and second from different factory with 3 band [working in USA].

CDMA is different than GSM this 3band works only with GSM systems, they add only extra USA band to work.

OK so here is a final list:

7. straight_six - 1 x Red Leather, 1 Black or Brown

I will now contact the dealer in order to find out if he's got that quantity in stock ready for immediate delivery (after he QC every piece - that's what I requested) and get back to all of you with payment info and other details.

What I found out yesterday is that what we are buying now is the newest Ascent Ti replica that is TRIBAND so it actually WORKS in USA and Canada!

So US-based members I am sorry for my previous misinformation.

If any of you would also be interested please feel free to let me know and I guess we can figure something out.

Thanks!

Wow I wish I had known this before I bought from vertuclone. But I wonder if there is just one maker of these units? And they just update them across the board? Are you sure the phone you have is dual band or is it the newer 3 band from the same maker? I got a response from vertuclone earlier saying they didn't have the color I wanted so I had to go with black (since I already paid). Oh well hopefully what I get is acceptable or I can at least sell it to a friend and get my $$ back to buy the one from your dealer if it is indeed different.

Guest Sql_pl

@ Mr Jones,

I think I wrote somewhere here that the menu seems to be a copy of the gen menu. I did not have gen in my hands, so I based my opinion on pics that I managed to find on internet. It might be limited in some functions as I have seen some pics of gen Ascent Ti with light background while 3 basic wallpapers/themes that you get with rep are all dark.

All icons are identical.

As for Symbian. Please forgive me guys but as I am a person who have been using Nokia 8800 for last 4 years I am no expert on these new funky stuff hi-tech phones and I have no idea what it's all about.

I got a link to symbian forum in one of the posts above but I do not really feel like I wish to register there, spend some time to get what it is all about, download something, connect the vertu to my pc, upload it to the phone and then try to see if it works etc.

I am not really sure if gen vertus are really meant to be used that way either.

Hope you understand.

Thanks!

Guest Sql_pl

Jon Martin - please see the picture that I posted yesterday - it shows the back of the phone with back-cover and battery out. Here is where you can see the difference between older dualband and newer triband Ascent.

Dualband has sim-slot on the right side and memory card slot on the left. Also power pins that connect with battery are located on the left side here.

Triband is the opposite - battery pins on the right (under the camera lens), sim card on the left, memory card on the right.

There are also two versions of triband as far as I know. One with serial number plate that is not engraved as deep as it should and saying Model: Consellation instead of Ti and one that is correct (like in my pic).

Hope it helped.

Guest avitt

Guys, considering the popularity of these replica phones, I'm thinking about starting a replica of the Vertu Concierge service. With this service, you could have one touch dialing into my switchboard, where my "assistants" would be standing by, ready to pretend to assist you with your every whim...

Need a private jet? A tee time at Pebble Beach? Tickets to the Olympics"? We can pretend to do that! (If you use the speaker phone when you call, everyone around will notice that you're stylish and rich) ;)

$50 per month.

Waddya think?

Guest Mr Jones
There are also two versions of triband as far as I know. One with serial number plate that is not engraved as deep as it should and saying Model: Consellation instead of Ti and one that is correct (like in my pic).

Hope it helped.

You can easy recognize this with Constelation plate, plate it is like letter horizontal letter 'L' not like plate on Sql_pl picture rectangle plate.