When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vertu Ascent Ti is here!

Guest Sql_pl

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sql_pl

OK a small update.

Guys located in US can now forget about this one as my dealer said it might not work there due to the fact it is dualband.

I have just ordered another two for both of my parents.

If someone is truly interested please PM me and I will help or order one for you too.

But please do so only if you are sure you want it.

Thanks!

OK a small update.

Guys located in US can now forget about this one as my dealer said it might not work there due to the fact it is dualband.

I have just ordered another two for both of my parents.

If someone is truly interested please PM me and I will help or order one for you too.

But please do so only if you are sure you want it.

Thanks!

2xPM but no answer :mellow:

I am in EU

Guest Sql_pl

Well I have one and can assure you it works just great. I really did not expect it to be workingthat good, I was thinking it is only made to look the part.

Menu is a copy of the gen menu.

It has lots of features like bluetooth, fm radio, unit converter, currency converter, event manager, world clock, stopwatch, alarm, 2 Mpixcamera, video recorder, mp3, mp4 player, sound recorder, melody composer, games, calculator, calendar, e-book reader (don't even know how this works), BMI, menstruation planner (yes it is there, I was surprised too :) ) Supports SMS, MMS, Chat etc. Has memory card slot for t-flash cards up to 1 GB. You can store up to 1000 numbers and names in phonebook even without additional memory card.

And it all works.

Battery is alo great, after 2 days ad around 3 hours of talking and a lot of playing with the menu it still shows 4 out of 5 dots of life left.

Sound quality is great.

Oh and it has much better signal than my gen 8800 - when at home I used to loose signal in 60% of places with 8800 (I live in the suburbs.

Since I use this rep I did not lose it even once.

I was thinking about showing you more detailed pics of the menu (two pics are already there in my first post) but it would mean I would have to take like gazzilion pics, scale them down, upload at imageshack, copy them to the post inhere... guys I am sorry but it would be far too time consuming, hope you can understand.

If you feel you need a particular shot of the phone or the menu, just let me know and I'll do my best to show it here.

Thanks!

Guest Sql_pl

It actually has a Concierge button on its side but when you push it it turns the calendar on. So no dummy buttons there.

In its menu it also has "Vertu Fortress" - in gen you can use it to make fast backup of all files, contacts etc to Vertu UK server in case anything bad happens. Of course in rep it does not work that way - it gives you access to web browser etc

detailed review here:

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2008/06/03/v...s-pure-quality/

It uses the same Symbian OS.

What lacks: Concierge button... and perhaps "built" quality... Maybe this is equivalent to Breitling Avenger Chrono Ti rep (without official Breitling warranty and slightly different built quality).

Is it just me or what cause when I click on the link for the review I don't see the review just a few adds and the header of the site as if the article was deleted.

Guest Sql_pl

Ok to make it clear I think it is a good idea to post a list of people who are positive about buying these phones.

If you feel you really want it and you want to be aded to this list please PM me.

Let's set up a dead-line for signing up at 12:00 GMT on tuesday 5th so we can gather info on quantity asap and proceed with this order.

For now people that are definately in are:

1. pam112 - 1 x Black leather

2. watcher - 1 x Black leather

3. Edwin25 - 1 x Black leather

4. sul - 1 x Black leather

5. rkdk - 1 x Black leather

Thanks!

If anyone has any doubts about maciek then let me say he is one of the old school rep members and a gentleman too!! And will endeavour to deliver what he promises!!

Your efforts are much appreciated my friend!

I too looked at the clone website which looked good so we will see what happens with the other guy who has ordered!

Guest Sql_pl

Paul, thanks for your kind words. It's really appreciated.

Guys I had a look at vertuclones website that was mentioned above and have to say the phone looks pretty similar BUT it is not the same!

They say their phone has memory for up to 300 numbers - in mine I already have over 400 and it shows 4XX/1000 so it definately has memory for 1000 contacts.

What is more please have a look at the back of the phone - somhow I could not steal their pic but you can see it there.

For comparison here is a pic of my phone:

backvb9.jpg

You can see that sim-card and memory card slots are in different positions. Also the model name, number etc plate seems to be engraved nicer in mine. Battery also is different, in their pics it is black while my phone came with two gray batteries - I believe gen comes with such grey ones.

I also think leather might look better in mine but I guss this might vary.

Let's wait and see what Jon Martin gets.

Thanks!

I am too tired to read the whole thread. Sql - that phone looks stunning. Is it safe to assume it is for GSM only? Can it be hooked up with an enterprise set-up? My tech guys would get such a kick out of this they would probably give it a try except I have the dreaded CDMA provider in the USA.