When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ladies Yellow Daytona Sec @ 6:00

Irontomkidd

This is the best faux chrono Daytona I've ever seen. Usually the big seconds hand is running too, but in this one it is stuck too. Are you sure it isn't a real chrono? Remember: you have to unscrew the chrono pushers before it will engage, and you have to press it quite enthusiastically to let it start.

Have you tried using the chronograph function? The faux chrono Daytonas normally will have the long second hand that follows the smaller (secs @6 second hand). Try unscrewing the top pusher and press it. If the long second hand starts then you have a functional chronograph. If it just moves one of the subdial hands incremently then it is a faux chrono. Hope that helps.

This is the best faux chrono Daytona I've ever seen. Usually the big seconds hand is running too, but in this one it is stuck too. Are you sure it isn't a real chrono? Remember: you have to unscrew the chrono pushers before it will engage, and you have to press it quite enthusiastically to let it start.

I

The chrono function was bugging me so I had to go back to the website and check it out… Movement: Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement. I am used to split second and minute subdials and this is minute and hour so I tried it out and it works perfectly! Not that she will use it.

Best not to use it -- these movements, as they come from the factory, can be VERY problematic. As long as it worked when you tested it (once), I would leave the chrono functions alone from now on. That way, you are less likely to have problems (though the secs at 6 movement itself is prone to problems, but if you search for 'powdered graphite' you can read more about the issue).

And I agree with most of the other comments -- a beautiful watch that looks great on your wife. I also agree with iceberg - check out white or blue straps also.