When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Snowflake Questions

Irontomkidd

I just recently finished mine... Basically, my ingredient lis is as follows:

-Genuine dial (Leprelet)

-Genuine hands

-Genuine insert (with lumi pearl removed and old trit dot fitted in place)

-Genuine Cyclope 125

-Genuine crown

-Aftermarket 703 tube

-ETA 2783

-Genuine 78360 bracelet

-Genuine 580 end links

-Genuine 93150 bracelet

-MBW 1680 case (lugs drilled and CG's shaped).

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

Alternatively, there is a 7016 (no date) MBK version that exists, though I'm not sure it's still in production.

Cheers,

R

Thanks for the kind words. It took me a few weeks to accumulate most of the gen parts; the longest part of the project was waiting for the case to ship over (which really wasn't very long at all :) ).

As for sources to find these parts; I have a short list of folks I buy from specifically, but lately, I've been having some good luck on the bay. Have to know what to look for specifically, as there are some questionable items that pop up from time to time, but the repainted dials, aftermarket hands and the sort are relatively easy to spot.

Best of luck!

Many thanks, dani!

The project wasn't exactly the most cost effective; a gen costs $3k - $5k depending for a 9411 (condition, provenance etc depending); I think I spent a total of $1500 or so on mine. Granted, it would have been easier to just buy the gen, the challenge for me was whether I could gather the parts I wanted and to build :) There were some unknown factors in the parts (i.e. the ETA 2783 (which is what Tudor used for the gen) was a movement I wasn't failiar with, and was not sure it would fit correctly), but all in all a fun project.

:)

Many thanks, dani!

The project wasn't exactly the most cost effective; a gen costs $3k - $5k depending for a 9411 (condition, provenance etc depending); I think I spent a total of $1500 or so on mine. Granted, it would have been easier to just buy the gen, the challenge for me was whether I could gather the parts I wanted and to build :) There were some unknown factors in the parts (i.e. the ETA 2783 (which is what Tudor used for the gen) was a movement I wasn't failiar with, and was not sure it would fit correctly), but all in all a fun project.

:)

Ubi

did the 2783 drop right in? i found a Rado with a 2783 for $100 and a set of hands for $65. Damn this is fun.