When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone received a Grand Carrera from any seller?

TmeShare

Yes, I received a Grand Carrera Calibre 8 RS GMT at the end of last week. Very nice it is too.

Unfortunately I can't tell you where it came from as it was given to me by a friend who does a lot of business in China and just came back from a trip. Not a lot of help, I know, but at least it shows they exist...

Here's a photo - doesn't do it justice, though:

taggc1.jpg

Good looking watch mate.

I am waiting for the pics/review of the Calibre 17 (with Calibre 18 on the rotor :-) )

Cheers

hehe yeah - I rather fancy a Cal 17 myself too...

Funny thing is that I was never much of a Tag fan (apart from the Link), then all of a sudden I just go nuts for 'em - especially the Grand Carrera range. I'm seriously thinking of buying a gen. Go figure.... :rolleyes:

* The second hand is WAY off from the gen.

* As noted, the screw is not real on the registers.

* The dial says something completely wrong - something about a depth reading in meters (the minute hand is in the way) but the Gen says "Automatic"

* the galuche pattern on the registers is pretty sad.

* The applied logo is also incorrect as it's not painted in the background.

* something doesn't look right with the date window... not large enough/deep enough... it's more of a rectangle on the gen and come much closer to the 6 marker.

* The hour markers don't look as "sharp" or sharply cut. Gen looks like they have a razor edge.

** As everyone knows the rotor is messed up and the case is 3mm to thick

Anything else?

QUESTION: Are the pushers Screw-Down?

QUESTION: What is the general feel of the watch compared to one you've held at an AD?

BUT with that said, I don't think 99.9% of people would realize any of this.

I should mention Deltic... CONGRATS! I don't mean to put your new treasure under a microscope but I think you're the first to receive this - or at least post a picture! Please post more in different lighting and on your wrist! Take that puppy outside around 5pm for some cool evening shots. Maybe some good closeups of the back.

We all want to share in your excitement

Hey Deltic... is this the new suposid "super" Grand Carrera or is this the one of the other versions? Yours is QUITE a bit different than what the sites are advertising. I was under the impression this was the $400ish one... no? Sorry to be megga-posting... as you can see I'm sitting here with nothing better to do :rolleyes: