When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Baume & Mercier extraordinary bargain

condemore

Condemore welcome to the forum. Until you posted your pics I had only seen photos of this watch with a stainless steel bracelet and dismissed it outright as boring. But seeing your photo with the rubber strap has inspired me to reconsider this BM. I am going to pop over to Josh's site and check it out further. Thanks for posting. Cheers

Thanks Raijor.

With the rubber and minimal weight, this combo is very convenient for these hot summer days, going to the beach without taking so much care of it.

Other workmate bought the panda dial after seeing mine. I think it looks less serious with the white subdials. Tell us if you finally get one of these.

I've just got the white faced quartz version from Josh with rubber strap and also ordered a ss bracelet for it.

Quality is absolutely superb and it really is a most striking looking watch.

I deliberately chose the quartz rather than the mechanical version as I am sick to death of the problems I've been having with mechanicals. In fact, I think I will restrict all my purchases to quartz versions from now on. Apart from the convenience, the prices make them real bargain.

I have also just got the Porsche Flat Six in quartz and that is outstanding.

Lately I've discovered the joy of bicycling so I'm searching the market for a stylish quartz watch, because the constant bumps and rattles associated with the passtime are a nightmare for most mechanical watches. So keep those suggestions coming!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm ordering one of these this weekend.

If the fit & finish is anything like my recently acquired IWC Cousteau quartz chrono ($120/iOffer) and my B&R quartz chrono ($99/iOffer), and I suspect it is, this watch will be AMAZING for the price.

Guys, I don't know if you are aware but, the manufacturers are taking the cases & bracelets/straps from some of the $400 reps and putting cheap, super reliable quartz chronos in them. I'm collecting them all and having a lot of fun doing it.