When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

newbie entering 3717 meltdown

almacinla

UPSIDE ..... I finally found a great IWC site . DOWNSIDE ..... totally overwhelmed by the info . Got looking at replicas recently due to my original vintage Rolex GMT starting to cost some serious coin in servicing. Research finally lead me to the IWC 3171 01. My question has probably been answered in previous posts & I apologise for repeating it. I'm not trying to fool anyone with a rep. I just want to find the best quality available from a reputable USA source.

Does such a dealer exist ? Various posts say the recent 3171's are crap ? Most sites i've followed up on lead back to dodgy chinese reps ( including genuine swiss models ) Getting very confused. If any of you good peeps out there can suggest a good source for a quality product, I would really appreciate it. No doubt when I get one, I'll develop the 'customizing' bug, & be searching out the The Zigmeisters of the world to shave my woffle sprocket etc.

ALMACINLA new member ( Las Vegas )

UPSIDE ..... I finally found a great IWC site . DOWNSIDE ..... totally overwhelmed by the info . Got looking at replicas recently due to my original vintage Rolex GMT starting to cost some serious coin in servicing. Research finally lead me to the IWC 3171 01. My question has probably been answered in previous posts & I apologise for repeating it. I'm not trying to fool anyone with a rep. I just want to find the best quality available from a reputable USA source.

Does such a dealer exist ? Various posts say the recent 3171's are crap ? Most sites i've followed up on lead back to dodgy chinese reps ( including genuine swiss models ) Getting very confused. If any of you good peeps out there can suggest a good source for a quality product, I would really appreciate it. No doubt when I get one, I'll develop the 'customizing' bug, & be searching out the The Zigmeisters of the world to shave my woffle sprocket etc.

ALMACINLA new member ( Las Vegas )

I pulled the trigger a couple of days ago with Eurotimez on a 3717 ... communication has been great so far and ordering was easy.

Will be happy to update you when I get the watch, but given his reputation and extra QC, I'm sure I'll be pleased when it gets here.

I pulled the trigger a couple of days ago with Eurotimez on a 3717 ... communication has been great so far and ordering was easy.

Will be happy to update you when I get the watch, but given his reputation and extra QC, I'm sure I'll be pleased when it gets here.

Hi TH

Thanks for the tip. I' ve e-mailed them for further info, but the pix on the 3717 look good . I,ll probably order one up as soon as I get their reply.

Thanks again,

AL

Hi TH

Thanks for the tip. I' ve e-mailed them for further info, but the pix on the 3717 look good . I,ll probably order one up as soon as I get their reply.

Thanks again,

AL

Sorry to report this but I was just informed this afternoon that the 3717 is no longer available with the 28k A7750 movement from Eurotimez. They can only provide the 21k movement.

I wasn't planning on swapping for the ETA 7750, so I'm going to have to find one someplace else ... :(

What not available with 28k movement, looks like they are trying to clear old stock now, but and this is a big but i think the first 3717s were better than the new ones, yes it is easyer to do a movement swap, and they had straight markers on the dial????

First of all welcome aboard and enjoy the party!

Here's a pictorial I did of the one of the 1st versions. On page 3 you'll find a comparison pic of a transitional dial between the original (correct lume) and new dial (incorrect lume). This batch has sloppy printing: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry463146

What not available with 28k movement, looks like they are trying to clear old stock now, but and this is a big but i think the first 3717s were better than the new ones, yes it is easyer to do a movement swap, and they had straight markers on the dial????

Yep, I was surprised to learn it wasn't available too. I'm sure they aren't out of a7750's in China, so it must be model specific.

Turned out well for me though .... I snapped up Bruce79's 3717 that came up for sale literally just minutes after I got the e-mail. His is the older version without the lume on the numbers, so I might be in better shape for mods anyway ... :)