When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 'love' getting wet...

V

K. Unless you've taken steps to seal your 187, try to minimize exposure to water and especially do not submerse. When I took apart my 187, I was surprised to find no gaskets or any sort of means of preventing water from entering the stem hole in the case. If there was something, it's minimal.

I've taken my 187 into the shower and put it under the tap numerous times today to clean it off. I've even submerged it in water for 30 minutes today, and so far nothing bad has happened. I know there are seals on the caseback at least, and the crown snaps in there snugly, so I'm pretty confident of taking this watch swimming.

Otherwise, I'll just have an expensive $400 paperweight. :bangin:

I've taken my 187 into the shower and put it under the tap numerous times today to clean it off. I've even submerged it in water for 30 minutes today, and so far nothing bad has happened. I know there are seals on the caseback at least, and the crown snaps in there snugly, so I'm pretty confident of taking this watch swimming.

Yes, the caseback is reasonably sealed. My only concern really is the hole in the case where the stem goes. I don't recall seeing a gasket for the crown/case interface. Maybe they just forgot the gasket on mine. I'm not swimming with mine based on what I saw when repairing it last night.

Actually the honpo case has a double O ring in the case tube (this is what Panerai use on all their watches). Mine was missing the larger of the two O ring caseback seals but Ken sent me a replacement. So it should be almost as good as the gen!!!

Actually the honpo case has a double O ring in the case tube (this is what Panerai use on all their watches). Mine was missing the larger of the two O ring caseback seals but Ken sent me a replacement. So it should be almost as good as the gen!!!

Oh. Are EL's the same as honpo's case? If so, I'll stand corrected - swim, be free, be one with the fishes!!!

Guest Sql_pl

Decided to pressure test the 187 before I use it in the pool.

The other thing is - I am afraid about the lumi peral in the bezel - when I used my Sub LV in the pool/jacuzzi the pearl changed color...

Today I used my good old 111...

No pearl, no chrono pushers to worry about...

82470-30082.jpg

Took mine apart again to clean a spot on a hand and remove dust - yes, the watch indeed has seals galore. One in tube, one on crown, and two on caseback. I just didn't notice in the heat of taking the thing apart the first time, so I stand corrected. Swim, bath and be wet with your 187's!

Actually Honpo's version is the one with double seals. I have been swimming with mine since day one. I just make sure I screw down the pusher locks first. But I am not suggesting anyone else do it. My two swim watches this Summer are the 187 and the new VC overseas with screwdown crown. :)

Actually Honpo's version is the one with double seals. I have been swimming with mine since day one. I just make sure I screw down the pusher locks first. But I am not suggesting anyone else do it. My two swim watches this Summer are the 187 and the new VC overseas with screwdown crown. :)

I can't wait to go back to the sea and swim with mine..

Although I have already tested in the sea my 111H from Silix I will also put this beast in its natural environment.. UNDERWATER :victory:

Submerged my EL 187 last night w/ no issues!

Jon :victory:

i am not brave enough to do it...I will probably bring it to the watchsmith and see if he can do something about it's water resistence...not gonna do it by myself, cause if the water enters i wouldn't know what to do... :o