When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Help needed

adrianb10

Wow

Took the wife to Italy for a week , whilst there we went to Firenze ( Florance ) had to find the Panerai shop.

I was wearing a Gen Tag Monacco at the time so they let me try on a few watches,have to say i have now fell in love with Panerai.

I have a couple of Tag Gens and two Breitling reps as well as a Choppard rep, none of them in my opinion come close to the simplicity and workmanship of the Pams.

I was that impressed i NEARLY parted with 4400 euros for the Pam 104.

I have been reading the posts now for two days about the best pam reps, i am still confused. Can you please help and let me know how to get the BEST Pam rep i can, I am prepared to have mods dome if needed to get a accurate watch.

Your help would be much appreciated as this trip to Italy has made me a MAD Pam fan.

Ps

I also tried the Hublot Big Bang....not impressed.

Thanks

Adrian

Aah, you have just posed the question for the ages. ;) It will be helpful if you can give us a hint as to what you like - handwid or automatic, model, etc. Most things you can fix with enough time and money - crowns, crownguards, datefont. magnification, etc. A few things you can't - dial, caseback, etc. And depending on the particular model of watch you are interested in you can even figure out a rough estimate of how much to add for mods.

Look for the 104 from our dealers, I'm sure your be pleased with it, Ive got a 229 which is similar, the best thing i did to it was buy an OEM Croc and a good deployant clasp. It really does make the watch

Happy Hunting and we look forward to seeing your purchase

ST4

Aah, you have just posed the question for the ages. ;) It will be helpful if you can give us a hint as to what you like - handwid or automatic, model, etc. Most things you can fix with enough time and money - crowns, crownguards, datefont. magnification, etc. A few things you can't - dial, caseback, etc. And depending on the particular model of watch you are interested in you can even figure out a rough estimate of how much to add for mods.

Hi

Really like the look of the 90 and 104...if i had to choose i would say the 90 would be the BEST.

Can you point me in the best direction to get the most accurate REP

Thanks

Adrian :D

Both the 090 and 104 are cool Watches. Think it's something about the hands of the autos compared to the manual wind that sets them apart.

I have both and the 104 is more accurate. The 104 case is good. the 090 has a date pusher on the left side which screems fake.

There are a couple of versions of the 104 with the best versions currently not available.

Hope that helps.

Yes, very good choice - I'm wearing my DSN 111 at the moment :D solid movement, good lume, etc. It's on rubber today, was on bracelet yesterday - very versatile.

You do realise though, that your current dilemma, and the whole "should I get this one, or this one" question will soon fade into insignificance when you realise that,

a) you want them all

and

b ) you can buy as many as you can afford :lol:

Happy hunting and good luck!