When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor

Dani

I don't know, but the "dress" Tudors aren't that valuable... You can get a gen Rolex Precision, which is the dateless basic model, for around $1K.

I would pass, unless you really like the watch.

If you like the watch (I do) & it is running to spec, that is a reasonable price. And if you ever decide to build a 7928 franken (the only Tudor that has a (future) space reserved for it in my permanent collection), you can ravage that watch for the movement.

But, like By-Tor said, Tudor dress watches are not especially collectible (yet), at least not in comparison with some of the more popular Tudor dive or chrono models. But I think the watch will increase in value over time. And it would make a beautiful dress watch if you polish the case & crystal.

Rolex has actually used "subsidiary" seconds. See here:

old%20precision.jpg

I doubt that Dani's Tudor has a Rolex movement though. I'm not sure if any Tudors ever had... I recall reading that some of the very early Tudor Submariners did, but I'm not sure about this.

PS: This was sold at preownedrolex.com for $1299. The model is called "Nickel Chrome Tank", and it's from the 30's.

So not all vintage Rolexes are super expensive... only the sports models are.