When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions needed on which watch to get!

mwee

Hi,

I am getting the bug to get a new watch. The 2 that really catches my eye now are the HBB Black Magic all Ceramic or the new Concord C1. Which is the better rep in terms of closeness to gen and build quality? Would really appreciate some comments or opinions especially from owners of these 2 great watches. also, would any modding be required on any of them?

Thanks!

Mark

Mark, that's a difficult question to answer as there's so much detail involved with the answer. I really suggest you do some searching and read the countless threads devoted to that question. Good luck.

Hi Ztech,

I have done that, believe me. I have read the forum like a bible! It is from here that I have been inspired for my modding projects like IWC and now Pam (most difficult). The reason I want to ask is to just get a feel of the expert's opinion if they had to chose between one. Both are great reps and I wish I can buy both but the Mrs will not be allowing that. I just want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks!

Mark

Mate.....both watches wear very differently. I have 3 HBBs and the C1 as well.

HBBs.....look spot on, the AR is decent and there is no real rep tell on the watch (other than recessed DW and the movement @ the back).

C1....near perfect rep, AR is the best I have seen so far...really well done, engraved rotor, chrono works like a charm. I recall reading somewhere that a member had the chrono pushers fall down on the watch....though I haven't had any issues so far.

The HBB may look a bit more classier (can wear to a black tie event) and the C1 more sportier (something I wear with demins and a shirt).

Hope this helps.

Cheers

If You want to go for the bling factor. Big Bang is it.

I just received my concord c1, and it is absolutely amazing. Build quality is spot on, and i cant fin any flaws on it at all.

Concord is more of a "technical" watch. All my friends are going nuts over the design. My girlfriend likes the hublot better though.

So i guess its a corvette/hummer h1 decision here :D

I must admit, it baffles me how much engineering is going in to rep watches these days. It must be quite a task to get them this good. Especially with the finish and details.

Thanks for all the advice, guys.

For now, I have decided with the Hublot black Magic. It just seems to be better looking. The C1 is a beautiful watch but just can't buy both. I am also going to be starting a Pam project so need funds for sourcing of parts! Have just placed an order for the Hublot. Wish me luck!