When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD-like Daytonas for $50

freddy333

I came across an interesting rep site recently. Of course, this site is untested & should be considered suspect until/unless proven otherwise. But they have some unique & interesting pieces displayed that might be worth further investigation since many of their prices are well below $100.

As an example, their Rolex Daytona 116509 appears to have an accurate dial, including, for the 1st time in my experience, correct index markers at 3, 6 & 9.

Price - '$43.9'

2007121116355087104.jpg

Here is the link

For the price, I am sure the movement is either not a chronograph or is a POS. But if the pictures accurately represent the watch's appearance, this would be a great way to get an accurate dial (or at least accurate index markers) to replace what comes in some of our collector's 116509s with the wrong index markers.

Or a Rolex Daytona 116509 with a PVD-like case.

Price - '$45.9'

2007121112572891589.jpg

Here is the link

Of course, being 'out in the wild', Caveat Emptor (buyer beware).

Some of their pictures look a little too good, and some of their sub's look a little too much like a Rolex catalog photo. Me thinks they may be mixing pics of gens in with the reps, I dunno. Still, for the price there may be some worthwhile stuff in there, kinda like Ufantazone.

Again, Caveat Emptor

I've been looking at the PVD Submariner on rolex2u, another questionable site. There's not much info when you search here - but it seems some members have had different experiences. However I'm just darn curious, the movement is obviously POS, and the dial looks bad, and pearl is probably not good, but with a better dial and movement swapped it, it could be interesting. I know some others have posted this, and is not everyone's taste.

post-13138-1218562078_thumb.jpg

Echem - guys? seconds at 12 RO - with offset subdials for $55?

i don't think so - the site is so clogged, half the photos won't load so i can't zoom in enough to see if its gen or rep -but its definitely offset subdials

and we'd have a bit more of a price war if they were really 55 bucks !!! :)

a friend of mine asks me yesterday - that her friend bought a watch from a site where all the watches were $229 - and she said, it said polex, instead of rolex - even though the picture said rolex.

i was like, see i told you, stop screwin around with other sites just use the ones i tell you