When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing Sub Bezel Insert

blue_sphere

Hi all,

I have seen the tutorials on replacing the pearl for the bezel, but none go into detail on how to just remove the old bezel insert. All I am looking to do is replace my old bezel insert with the one from watch material. Problem is I am not sure how to remove the old bezel insert. Do I just pry it out?

Any help appreciated!

-Shawn

When you pry it out, you risk damaging it, but if your replacing it, I guess it's not a big deal. Since it's glued in, you might be able to apply some heat and loosen the glue. Last week I popped the pearl and then worked the insert up and off from there. X-acto knives and razors can be helpful. Just go slowly and be patient.

Some bezels can be removed by wedging a dull-bladed butter knife between the underside of the bezel & the case. With some rep models (MBWs come to mind), you can even push them off with your thumbs by pushing hard from the edge. The point is that if you can remove the entire bezel, it is alot easier to remove the insert and/or pearl without damaging either. But if you cannot get your bezel off easily, follow the previous recommendations & be careful.