When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictures of Deepsea

Niclas

I'm not sure where all this 'bracelet out of proportion to the bracelet' is coming from. When you've had one on your wrist then you can judge.

It is coming from my opinion, nothing more :D

I think this watch should have a 22mm bracelet, non tapered, maybe that would look better proportioned? B)

That Tag watch looks really nice, something it does not have in common with the Deepsea :lol:

The rehaut with the writing on it, good god, why the hell they put this on the front??? why don't just put these infos on the case back... like other member said, it detract the dial design.

Clearly, this watch is a TOOL watch, and that's all, who will wore this with a suit ^_^ . But for $11 000 for a "diving watch", you can get a Seiko MONSTER, or a SKX007 that will do a very nice job for diving to 200M, just for ~$200. Come on Rolex, you push it too far this time. What next? a watch that will be able to go to the center of the earth? :rolleyes:

It is coming from my opinion, nothing more :D

I think this watch should have a 22mm bracelet, non tapered, maybe that would look better proportioned? B)

That Tag watch looks really nice, something it does not have in common with the Deepsea :lol:

The Aquagraph is a gorgeous beast, and to be honest, I much prefer it over the DS, intriguing though the Rolex is.

Maybe I should just get the 'Graph relumed in blue, save myself a few grand :D

I agree. Just not, to me, the classic Rolex look... seems to be trying a little too hard... a little too ostentatious for me...But, to each his own.

Actually I have to disagree strongly there - I'd say it's very much the classic Rolex sports look. The YM and YM II, the 'Gaytonas' etc. these are ostentatious, whereas the SDDS is merely a modern take on a hard core technology-loaded tool watch.

Actually I have to disagree strongly there - I'd say it's very much the classic Rolex sports look. The YM and YM II, the 'Gaytonas' etc. these are ostentatious, whereas the SDDS is merely a modern take on a hard core technology-loaded tool watch.

I actually agree with you, Doc (not that you could tell from my previous post). I hate the YM, Gaytona, etc. (I know a lot of you like them... that's ok). I really meant the classic SD/Sub look. As you know, I have never been a Rollie guy until recently. I love the classic subs and SDs, but the real blingy Rollies don't do it for me. Just my taste.

I have no idea why... because every ounce of sense I have says I should hate this design... but I like it. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of it... and reading reviews of it instead of just promo-copy.

I was at an AD not long ago prepared to plop down on a GMTc when I was flipping through a WatchTime issue... I found the deepsea in there and had to hold off on my order... I can't decide which I want now... going to have to wait till I can get a deepsea on the wrist and see how it feels.

I have no idea why... because every ounce of sense I have says I should hate this design...

they know what they are doing, this is a watch with lots of imperfections and will grow slowly in you.

i guess they dont make it perfect or beautiful on purpose, its hard to explain but you know what i mean

btw, no real diver uses rolex to dive anyway..

You can think what you want aesthetically but I am betting this is the only watch of Rolex's new crop that will be worth "Red Sub" type values as the first year of production of the 44mm Deep Sea. But you will have to wait 30 years. :lol:

You could be right, but the DeepSea will sell by the bucketload. If you want an heirloom for your kids and grandkids, you'd be better looking at some model, like the 1655 or Milgauss previously, that sells in the region of 32 units a year worldwide ;)