When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with new SA

rare1

I just received a white SA from Angus and it seems to be DOA.

The watch will not work at all (sec hand not moving, time not advancing), The weird part is that if I press the chrono button the seconds @ 9 works as well.

Has anyone heard of the chrono working but not the watch?

Thanks!

Edited by rare1

If you start the chronograph and the watch runs, but with the chrono OFF or Stopped the watch doesn't run, then the problem is with the adjustment of the tilting pinion to the center seconds gear. Guessing that this is a 7750 (I don't know what SA means...).

The fix is to correctly adjust the tilting pinion gear.

RG

i have to ask if you know that the chrono SECONDS hand does not move unless you start it...

you stated "The weird part is that if I press the chrono button the seconds @ 9 works as well." does that mean the BIG SECONDS HAND works as well as the SMALL SECONDS hand?

Both the Big Seconds and the secs at 9 will run if the chrono is engaged.

And yes it is an A7750 thanks The Zigmeister.

I hope Angus is easy to deal with as this was my first purchase.

Edited by rare1

Your first post is very descriptive, reading it, your problem is as I said in my first answer, tilting pinion out of adjustment.

So your not mistaken at all, if the tilting pinion is not adjusted correctly, your first post is the EXACT symptoms you will see...

I understood exactly what you said the first time.

RG

bad luck mate, it happens to the best of us. I'm sure you'll get a replacement sent out but be prepared for a long wait. dealers usually want your one back first then they'll post the replacement by slow mail. Can take up to a few months sometimes.

If you've got the spare cash, tell the dealer you'll buy another one (which gets delivered at the normal rate) and ask for a full refund on a receipt of the broken one. Some dealers won't do this though to save the few dollars your credit card company charge them.

Guys I am getting nervous.

I have been sending Angus emails since the 12th about my watch and he has not replied.

I understand he was on vacation but I have sent 4 polite emails with no response.

This is my first dealing with him (I normally use Josh) and so far I am not impressed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can effectively contact him? And yes I did PM him here, which he has read but not responded to either.

Please help!

Thanks,

Brad