When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rotor moves when I turn the crown

pv007

HEllo guys,

I have a problem with my watch but I don't know if it is normal or not

When I move the crown the rotor moves too.

For the rest everything is ok, the watch is working. The only thing I could say is that I have a poor power reserve

Movement 7750 Asian 28 800 BPH on a Porsche

COuld someone help me out with this :)

It is not normal.

Your reversing (click) wheel is defective, it should freewheel when you turn the crown, in other words, if you turn the crown, the rotor should NOT move.

DON"T wind the watch with the crown, if you do you will destroy more gears inside...

See here for more info:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=209

Your watch needs to be serviced.

RG

If you lack the tools or skill to disassemble/reassemble your movement, you had best let a watchmaker (Ziggy) handle the repair for you. But if you have what is required, the fix is very simple - disassemble, clean & lubricate (with the proper oils) the auto-wind module & the problem will be solved. The auto-wind gears get gummed up (they often leave the rep factory that way), which causes the rotor to spin in tandem with the manual winding gears. A byproduct of a proper cleaning/lubricating is that the rotor then makes much less noise when winding.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for your reply masters ! I fixed my stuff ... here is what I have done ...

I dissasembled the first stage of the watch only, took the reversing wheel as well as the reduction wheel... it was filled by dirt... I took those two wheels and the chronograph bridge and put them in a subsonic bath for 3 minutes

I reassembled the movement put ETA OIL as described in eta tutorial.... everything was well assemble but the rotor was still moving when I turned the crown ...

I dissasembled again and this time I changed the reversing wheel (I noticed it was scratched in the upper left side of it ) with another Asian 7750 reversing which I had from a non working watch ...

I reassembled and now everything works, the rotor does not move anymore when you turn the crown... this reversing wheel is quite bad shapped don't know why they have used eta style reversing wheel ...

Anyway maybe one last question for you masters...

The only problem I still have but it's not really a problem... (Ihave this problem since I received the watch)

1/ I don't hear nicely the click ... click coming from the ratchet wheel and its string ...

2/ There is still some bad friction when you manually turn the crown for winding ...

(is it a problem coming from the ratchet wheel or crown wheel or maybe something else... ?)

Thank you for your support ! :)

Edited by pv007

• 4 weeks later...

I receive another one with the same problem... Rotor moves when you turn the crown

Hehe I think I'm the guy with the world record of turning rotor ... do you think it could come from the extreme cold weather during shipping ...?

This time I don't have anymore reversing gear left... So I cannot fix it...

I tried to clean the reversing wheel as well as the reduction wheel in an utltrasonic bath for 20 minutes.

I re-assembled everything again, precisely oiled but still have the same problem ... rotor moves when I turn the crown

Any tips for me to try masters ? Do you think it may come from a reversing click spring too loose ?

I checked the spring and it is correctly fitted into the reversing wheel and it make its job when I turn the crown and stop winding ...

HELP !

Question:

I feel a strange thing when I manually wind the watch as it is not rotating normaly

there is a sort of a very small "gap" when I turn the crown... hard to describe that ....lol

Edited by pv007

i dont have it at home but if will try to order of and use it while waiting for a brand new and working reversing wheel

coming from a movement that I will order soon

Do you think I can order 21600 bph and take the RW from it or I really need to a Reversing wheel from a 28800 bph ?

Thank you for the help

I was thinking about something else

We know that eta reversing wheel does not fit because pivot is too large but does someone try to use eta bridge i noticed that the eta one is like the asian but with a bigger hole ( jeweled) for the rw that could make the tricks ?...

Edited by pv007

Did you disassemble, clean & lubricate (with the correct oils) the entire auto-wind module (including the bridge)? If not, then there is your problem.

If you did, then something may not have been assembled correctly. Make sure you have the reversing wheels installed facing the correct direction & test the module to be sure all of the wheels are freely spinning (in both directions) before reinstalling it onto the movement.

Did you disassemble, clean & lubricate (with the correct oils) the entire auto-wind module (including the bridge)? If not, then there is your problem.

If you did, then something may not have been assembled correctly. Make sure you have the reversing wheels installed facing the correct direction & test the module to be sure all of the wheels are freely spinning (in both directions) before reinstalling it onto the movement.

thx Freddy for the heads up, your advice are always welcomed :)

Yes I disassemble, clean and lubricate (with the correct oil/ 9010 moebius and D5) the entire auto-wind module but not the bridge (which I did it last time I had problem with another movement) :/

Do you thing I have to oil the Rerversing Wheel as usually it's not oiled (treated ETA) where and which oil I would have to use ?...

For the rest, yes the RW is installed in the correct direction. (the very flat side down the side without the circled hole)

What do you mean by test the module to be sure all wheels spin before reinstalling it onto movement ( because I test that but with the bridge assembled and yes all the wheel are free spinning (Reversing wheel, Reduction wheel, Ratchet and drinving wheel) and the click spring is correctly placed engaged in the RW (no back wheel of the rotor after wind,...)

Could you precise your method, do you want me to test it before placing back the bridge or something else ?

Something I can tell you is I swapped for another Reversing wheel on another watch and it suddenly worked ...

I changed back and was same problem again ...

Don't know if it's was only a chance because I correctly installed it or if my Reversing wheel was totally broken or fullfiled by dirt (I'm still not able to clean)...

Have you ever experience this problem and fix it by clean/oil auto-wind module and with success ?

Next time I'll try something else:

1- Clean 20min Reversing Wheel, Rotor Gear, Reduction wheel and the bridge in ultrasonic

2- Put Reversing wheel in OneDip solution to clean it and give it a very thin "protection lubrificate"

3- Oil and reassemble everything back

Edited by pv007

Based on your description, it still sounds like some of the parts are either dirty, ill-lubricated (not lubricated with the correct oil) or installed incorrectly (gears upside-down).

Disassemble the entire auto-wind module & clean ALL of the disassembled parts (including the reverser gears) in your ultrasonic with a proper cleaning solution (if you do not have the proper solution, mix 2-3 drops of liquid dishwashing detergent (not dishwasher machine soap) with a tablespoon of pure ammonia in 2 cups (16 oz) of warm water. Clean for at least 10 minutes. Dry all parts completely.

Unfortunately, I do not have a 7750 oil chart, but the auto-wind module is not too dissimilar to the 2846 (I am assuming you have the proper oiler & know how & in what amounts to apply oil)

2846autowindmodule.gif

(Note - apply the oil to the sides of the vertical pivots on the bridge, not to the face of the bridge itself & apply 9010 to 2 points around the rotor bearing after reassembly)

Once properly cleaned, oiled & reassembled, you should not have a problem with the rotor spinning when the watch is manually wound (which should be done slowly & only as needed).

I will try the OneDip Method because I'm quite sure

that I correctly assembled everything, put the right oil in the right place put the good quantity of oil with special oil stick

as well nicely clean the stuff with a special proper cleaning solution (that stinks hell, lol)

But I'm sure that the Reversing Wheel is really stucked and I have to try to find a trick to make it smoothed like hell

I ordered the OneDIp have to wait for it to test this method ...

Thank you for your nice advices Freddy

post-5222-1235615123_thumb.jpg

Edited by pv007