When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post some pics of big watches on your puny wrists (187, bentley, etc)

launchnukes

I just recently fell in love with the pam 187 and full size bentley but I've got a 6.5" wrist so i'm scared that the watches may be too big for me. I do have a 45mm omega and a 44mm pam 192 and i love how big they are. how much bigger are the 187 and 48mm breitling?

can you guys with small wrists and big watches post up some pics?

thanks

Yes, what RT said.

I too have a 6.5" wrist, but in cross-section it's narrow and deep, not flat and wide. That makes all the difference. 6.5' flat and wide you can get away with.

I've tried on genuine 44mm Pams about 5 times, trying to talk myself into it. They look really big on me, cover my entire wrist.

That said, I now find myself thinking about getting the 196 Daylight, it is such a beautiful watch and I don't have a single Pam. I am slowly breaking down, in spite of its size.

Just trying to rationalize spending $700 on the better chrono movement.

I really don't think you will be able to carry off the 47mm size, sorry. My personal opinion, there is a limit as to what looks good on a wrist, and what looks weird.

But as you can see in my situation, one can talk oneself into most anything.

Make a xerox of the Pam you want in the correct sizxe, cut it out and put it on your wrist, it will give you an idea how it will look. I do this all the time.

I keep thinking the watches are going to be way too big....but then i realize that big watches are "in"....

then again i think they're gonna be too big....but then my wife says she likes big watches.

then i go back to thinking that they're gonna be too big...but then i see Orlando Bloom wearing a 1950 in Elizabethtown...lol

argh!

anyway, here's a quick shot of the 44m pam on my wrist

82791-29986.jpg

Personally I disagree with DT and Rek... I also have a 6 1/2" wrist ..I love the look of the Pam Fiddy on my wrist. I am currently wearing a Davidsen PVD 44mm. The lugs almost cover my complete wrist.

I think todays look is BIG. I have on order the 48mm Breitling and will also later on get the Pam 187.

If you can wear the Omega 45mm PO (which I have also from Neil), you can wear anything in my opinion,,,

Just another perspective...

Good Luck! :p:D

I would take pics except honestlyy I currently do not have a digital camera. Except I think I am going to buy the Konica Minolta 5D. :p I must say...after reading Neil's thoughts on digital cameras,,, He got me going. I have been reading for the past 2 days. Finally made a decision. Hopefully in the next few weeks maybe I will be able to post after my purchase. :wub:

Yes, what RT said.

I too have a 6.5" wrist, but in cross-section it's narrow and deep, not flat and wide. That makes all the difference. 6.5' flat and wide you can get away with.

I've tried on genuine 44mm Pams about 5 times, trying to talk myself into it. They look really big on me, cover my entire wrist.

That said, I now find myself thinking about getting the 196 Daylight, it is such a beautiful watch and I don't have a single Pam. I am slowly breaking down, in spite of its size.

Just trying to rationalize spending $700 on the better chrono movement.

I really don't think you will be able to carry off the 47mm size, sorry. My personal opinion, there is a limit as to what looks good on a wrist, and what looks weird.

But as you can see in my situation, one can talk oneself into most anything.

Make a xerox of the Pam you want in the correct sizxe, cut it out and put it on your wrist, it will give you an idea how it will look. I do this all the time.

@rek. I think the Pam daylight 196 will look perfectly fine on you. I also have this watch and it looks great!

I am going larger without a problem...give it a try, you might like the look! :wub:B)

Well, since you were brave enough to post a wrist shot - I think that 44mm tantalium looks good on you. The lugs pretty much go to the edges of your wrist, but you can see some bracelet links too on the sides, which is good.

A 47mm will definately go beyond the edges of your wrist, the lugs will hang over past your wrist, not good look I'm afraid, but that's my personal opinion.

Be happy you can pull off the 44mm.

And Orlando's wrist is not so skinny, if I remember correctly, he was wearing a 44mm Pam and it fit him appropriately.

Try the correct size xerox method, I've got a bunch of these sitting in a pile in my offfice. The cleaning lady must think I'm weird, I'm sure.

Mikellem, thank you for the encouragement and helping to empty my wallet :)

The other Pam I think I would like is the GMT, I like the busier dials.

Does anyone know if the Pam GMT is available with 2893 movement or am I too late to the party?

Well anything can be made to look better, 24/24 or 26/26 straps for instance can cover the

thin area.

It also make a difference where you wear your watch... the combo of a wide band with wearing

the watch further away from your hand can be the fixer....or wearing it right handed if you

wear left....

I do however feel that lug-overhang should be avoided at all costs....

The only thing that corrects that flaw is ... long Sleeves or Squinting... ;)

A big fat strap will prevent lug-overhang... and look great, too.

The strap on the Pam 195 that I'm wearing tonight is 5mm thick at the lugs... only a child would get lug-overhang with this one.

83227-29923.jpg

Even more important. Wear a strap that you really love. If the colour is the exact shade of perfect and the texture brings a tear to your eye ... you will feel comfortable with your watch.

The opposite, sadly, is also true. My Pam 111 is gathering dust because it is currently mounted on a strap that I just can't love. There is no good reason for this - it is a fine strap by any standard. But because the strap does not quite work for me, I rarely wear my beautiful 111. Time to buy another strap.

Edited by Highflyingclive

Well, you obtain a straight on shot of the watch from the Net or a catalogue, then you need a ruler with metric scale (mm.).

Measure the case diameter of your shot and see if it's bigger or smaller than 44mm.

Hopefully it won't be too far off. Then you do some basic calculating - begin with 4.5 mm is about 10% of 44 mm. as your basic unit.

So if your original is say, 46mm in diameter, you have to decrease the image size to 44mm, 2 mm less. So set your copier to 95%, and your copy should be 44mm case size.

You'll probably have to screw around with it a bit to get it to right size, but it's not so bad.

Another way of wasting company time on our wonderful hobby :)