When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom Enamel Dial 1900's Handwind Homage

RobbieG

As promised, here is the full pictorial. Again, this watch was a project custom built by T, also known as Tourby, at Hagen in Westfalen, Germany and is constructed of all German and Swiss parts. It has a genuine enamel dial, double AR crystals front and back, genuine flame blued steel hands and bridge screws, a hand decorated ETA 6498 movement, and a handmade bony crocodile strap. The watch was a replacement for a stolen Chronoswiss Minute Repeater that was owned by my Father and I. No strike train in this one, but its spirit is very much alive. I can't say enough about the quality as it is absolutely WORLD CLASS and has a fit and finish (believe it or not) right there with the AP Millenary and Jaquet Droz pieces - for about 5% of the cost. If you are in the market for a low cost genuine watch check out all of T's offerings at www.tourbywatches.com. There is something for everyone there.

I have found enamel dials very difficult to photograph in the past and this was no exception. All my watches are shot without a light box and with natural light. The polished bezel also presented some challenges due to the angle of its edge. Oh well, I think these are marginal at best and I wish I could say they do the piece justice. They don't. But I hope you enjoy them just the same...

T9.jpg

T12.jpg

T8.jpg

T2.jpg

T16.jpg

T15.jpg

T6.jpg

T3.jpg

T5.jpg

You may also want to check out his pilot watches as well. Very cool. Three different cases in 42MM and 45MM size with several dial and strap options as well.

Very nice and i just had a lok at his site, i know where i am goining if i need a real dress watch!