When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings to all....

Hi folks!

I've been a member for a while now but this is my first post here at RWG. I've spent most of my time at RG but have gotten a little tired of all the BS posts there and have come here looking for more intelligent on-topic conversation. I'm sure I'll find it here. Some of you will recognize me from RG and the GTGs we've had and I'm looking forward to making more good freinds.

Cheers.

By the way, anyone have a PAM 231 they'd sell me?

You are so right!

If only I had a garage and some $$$ back in the early 80ies I could have keep my Giulia Super 1600 from 1973 :in_love:

AlfaGiulia.jpg

I love Supers! They don't look like much, but drive incredibly. I only have one Alfa at the moment, a '69 1750 GTV that I've owned since 1988.

I love Supers! They don't look like much, but drive incredibly. I only have one Alfa at the moment, a '69 1750 GTV that I've owned since 1988.

Yes, they drove very nicely.

Wow, a 1750 is really cool.

I'm "obliged" to have only one too.

After 5 33 (from 86 to 2002) I have a 166 now.

I'm curious to see what they will come with in a couple of years.

Anyway, congrats!

Yes, they drove very nicely.

Wow, a 1750 is really cool.

I'm "obliged" to have only one too.

After 5 33 (from 86 to 2002) I have a 166 now.

I'm curious to see what they will come with in a couple of years.

Anyway, congrats!

Stephane, you have had quite a collection of Alfas. You really are an Alfista! I owned a 164. What engine does your 166 have?

I also like the Alfa 33. Unfortunately, they were never imported into the USA. In fact Alfa stopped selling cars here in 1995. They keep promising to return and have (sort of) with importing a few 8C Competeziones. The story is that they will be back fully in 2010 with the Brera, new Spider, new 159 and/or 168. I also hope they will sell the new Mi.To here as well.

Until then I will have to be satified with my 40 year old GTV.

Stephane, you have had quite a collection of Alfas. You really are an Alfista! I owned a 164. What engine does your 166 have?

I also like the Alfa 33. Unfortunately, they were never imported into the USA. In fact Alfa stopped selling cars here in 1995. They keep promising to return and have (sort of) with importing a few 8C Competeziones. The story is that they will be back fully in 2010 with the Brera, new Spider, new 159 and/or 168. I also hope they will sell the new Mi.To here as well.

Until then I will have to be satified with my 40 year old GTV.

Oh, I didn't know that. Weird that they do not sell in the US.

The 8C is incredible.

I drove a friend's 164, they were great too.

Unfortunately I have the Turbo Diesel (JTD - 2.4).

I hope the next one will be the V6 ;)

You're a lucky man you know. A 40 year old Alfa is something very special.

Nothing will ever get close to the music of their engines anymore :wub: