When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

panerai 187 the monster

truzement

last week I started to wear my panerai 187 again after a long time of box time(more than a year).

no problems with winding up or keeping time.

compared to the "today" reps it still holds up nicely in terms of quality and finish.

at least that where my toughts until i looked at it this evening and saw a missing marker (the 2 o clock oval one)

that was a terrible thing to experience. I was so happy with discovering it again last week that it felt like a new watch.

can i fix this?

are there replacements or home made/custom made parts available

I got mine from TTK so it is a non screwed version.

hope you guys have some tips or sollutions for me

for the 1st tip is already too late...and that would be to check all the markers if they are tight...glued well...if not...try to reglue them...my advice in general would be to try to take all the markers off and to reglue them before wearing the beast...

I lost two of my markers as well...the one at 12 hrs around the pearl and one other..the little baguette...

my dealer, at that time, the magnific EL, sourced a spare case for me that is sitting in my watchbox waitin to be swapped with the faulty one...I am planning to do this for more than a year...don't ask me if it is FS, cause it is not, tried to take some markers for other members from the faulty case and didn't manage...so that's not an option...

hopefully somebody will be able to offer you some spares cause I know that some members bought these just to have the spare case (yep, I know at least two sold in the 100$ range...and I missed them both!)

good luck in your search!

With my 187-fantasy watch, (which had the compass bezel), rather than lose the markers randomly, I used a blade to prize them out, then the flat of a screwdriver to polish the indentations to a mirror shine. Not stock, not accurate, but, a solution I was happy with. Best of luck with a resolution :):good:

I was able to remove some markers fairly easily from an old 187 case by heating each marker up very hot with a butane torch.

After a while the glue breaks down and the markers pop right off with a pull from tweezers.

If you are re-fitting them try JB-Weld glue. its very strong so long as you de-grease the parts first. Also make sure you have removed any old adhesive from the rebates in the bezel

I lost 1 marker off of mine, had (have) a sickness, so I bought another 187 from a member here who had also received a spare case from EL. EL offered me a spare case but it was never delivered. So as of now I have 2 functional 187s, both missing 1 marker and 1 spare case in perfect condition. I have been meaning to do a swap of some sort but lack the technological abitlity to do so, and have been reluctant to send out because it has been my daily beater for a year. In that regard, these things are beasts. I abuse mine on a daily basis and evertyhing still works and resets great. The bezel seems to be the only real weak link on these things in my experience.

I've had mine for about a year and half now... received it 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand... I have no idea how many prior owners it had... one had the crystal single AR'd... one had the movement serviced. Mine might be a Franken... it has the "live" serial number caseback and the screwed down bezel markers, also the best rep lume I've ever seen.

I wear the watch at least 1 day a week, it is one of the last reps I'd ever consider parting ways with.... I'm truly in love with my 187, it is a spectacular watch.

Hi guys , PAM 187 is one of my favorite as well , had actually same problem with markers.

I fixed it by myself ,it's impossible to get spare parts, unless you can get full new case with bezel as I've got from one dealer but doesn't worth cost like hell, anyway decided to make drawing of such markers and ask one of my supplier to make it for me , result is really nice guys believe me no single difference , it's made with stainless steel 316 laser cutted polished on top side , so 100 % compatibility...

So guys if you're interested please PM me , I can provide either one brand new PAM 187 case with case back , crystal bezel and pushers ....I've got only one , or markers ( about 8 on my hands ) but could make e new batch without any problem ....price to be discussed

You can get photos if needed.

Cheers

Cyril

BTW : I'm located in EU