When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My perfect Black vintage strap.. the search is over..

V

I was searching for a vintage black strap for a looooong time.. And i found a 50 y.o. black hide in my last trip in Greece which I adored. The textured smell and colour was perfect. Vintage XXL length for nice tail and a Simona spare buckle I had.

It resembled a lot with the 50 y.o. Simona Ammo hide I love as well. Same softness, thickness, edges and smell. For someone who wouldn't know could say that it is the same hide but in black (dont know how possible that is although both Italian hides)

Enjoy the photos and let me know what you think :)

DSC03157.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

DSC03160.jpg

DSC03162.jpg

DSC03174.jpg

DSC03175.jpg

Comparison with the Simona:

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

DSC03169.jpg

looking good V :victory: the following picture really highlights the vintage texture of the strap imho

Yes.. black straps do not show their texture well from photos. You must have them in your hands..

The only strap I have seen to resemble with this hide is the MP1 in black with also vintage hides.

This soft-rubbery feeling when you touch it but not from a treatment but from the time that has passed. Very unique...

• 2 weeks later...
It looks good. "Perfect" for me might be the Ted Su black dyed Swiss ammo pouch strap, but that one is nice none the less.

I don't really like dyed (from a strapmasker) hides because after some time with the stretching and bending it starts to show the original colour inside.. Check Kevin's dyed Ammo straps for example .. ;)