When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Critique my first purchase!

andrew83

hey guys,

I've joined this forum not too long ago, and I've spent almost all night looking at these beautiful replicas. Since I'm entirely new, I thought I'd run my first purchase through you guys to see if there's anything wrong with these models, or any suggestions. I'm really liking these models:

1. IWC0038H - Portugese 7 Days SS/LE Slate Grey - Asia Auto

b266181b01a28a02890dd37e1ba0e925.image.750x498.JPG

(is this the same as the one in the IWC thread? http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=80258)

2. OMG0062B - Planet Ocean 45mm Black Bez Eta 2824-2 Ultimate Ver

5c8d3edfd79c6bd60fb52f45b4e3bb9f.image.733x550.JPG

Are there any problems with these replicas I should be aware of? Anything else I should add to the order? ;)

I'm going to buy from trustytime88.

Thanks for your TIME! :)

Andrew

They look like good choices to me.

Be prepared for any little disappointments and deal with them immediately.

If they are not entirely satisfactory, don't be shy as you will be paying near top dollar.

Carl

The only thing you should be aware of is the top watch has some pretty big inaccuracies when compared to the genuine it is supposed to copy.

The bottom watch is really one of the top sellers... makes an appearance at least once (usually more) in our periodical "wrist check" threads here. I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for the comments.

Is there a better version/model of this watch? I like the simple style of it.

Thanks in advance

If you want a highly accurate IWC, the ingeneur is the best choice. Most of the other IWC models have major flaws as compared to the gen. Don't go for the white dial version ingeneur as it is a phantom. You may decide that the ingeneur looks too similar to the ultimate P.O.

The ultimate planet ocean is an excellent rep. The only meaningful flaw is that the bezel is one click off. That is, when the pearl is centered at the 12:00 marker, the 50 is not centered over the 10:00 position. It's not major, but it is a flaw. By Tor did his usaul excellent review of the planet ocean including an explanatio of how to fix the bezel problem for the more technically inclined. At one time, the dial on the orange version was off center; I don't know if that's still the case.

Thanks for the comments.

Is there a better version/model of this watch? I like the simple style of it.

Thanks in advance

If you want a highly accurate IWC, the ingeneur is the best choice. Most of the other IWC models have major flaws as compared to the gen. Don't go for the white dial version ingeneur as it is a phantom. You may decide that the ingeneur looks too similar to the ultimate P.O.

The ultimate planet ocean is an excellent rep. The only meaningful flaw is that the bezel is one click off. That is, when the pearl is centered at the 12:00 marker, the 50 is not centered over the 10:00 position. It's not major, but it is a flaw. By Tor did his usaul excellent review of the planet ocean including an explanatio of how to fix the bezel problem for the more technically inclined. At one time, the dial on the orange version was off center; I don't know if that's still the case.

The UPO is a great choice and probably among the most popular reps bought (even after having been out for some time). The IWC 7 Days is nice but there are some flaws. Among other things the datewheel should be black instead of white. If you have your heart set on the 7 Days go for the lighter colored dial version as the gen of that has a white datewheel (at least I think it does).

Have You tried the genuine counterparts of what You are about to order? :)

I am asking You because the Ω PO is a great watch, but a bit on the heavy/tall side. Other than that, it is one of the best out of the box replicas You can get.

On the IWC portugueser, I agree with Corgi, that there are many inaccuracies compared to the gen. (Notice the dial spacing and the date wheel, let alone the open back monstrosity) While I love the genuine, there is no way I would get this rep as it is.

iwc500106.jpg

They look like good choices to me.

Be prepared for any little disappointments and deal with them immediately.

Carl

I have to second that. I received my first rep. It is already packaged for the return trip to it's "adopted" homeland in the far east. I am so glad I bought from one of the trusted dealers who actually offer a warrantee! Thanks to RWG.